Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

I have no state filing in WA and I have tried VPN on/off and multiple server locations across the country, it still doesn't work as of this morning. 

miberk98

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

I am also having this issue. Please fix @ Turbo Tax!

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

This was a known issue that has been resolved by TurboTax. If you are still having the same issue at this time, you would need to use the FAQ link posted below and reach out to TurboTax customer support for further assistance:

TurboTax customer suppport

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No its NOT! OMG please stop this is not an issue that has been resolved. I have spent 3 hours of my time on the phone and you guys can't fix it. My ESPP docs aren't available until March and then I'm moving to HR block and I will be suggesting everyone do the same. 

@TiffanyL , this issue has not been fixed. Please check your twitter feed and tons of postings on your forum of people suffering through this. 

For folks who are done with this insane loop of Customer Service denying or deflecting this issue, if you have a twitter account and are experiencing this issue then please tweet or DM the CEO of Intuit Sasan Goodarzi.

Seems like this is the only way we can get this resolved per this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TurboTax/comments/l3nujy/cannot_access_2020_entered_data/ 

biang

Glad it's not just me.

From 4 days ago I have not been able to access anything and I was close to finishing!

I can log-in. Then when I try to continue "pickup where you left off" or anything else the blue circle spins around and logs me off or I get a "dropped connection" error.

Customer Service has no idea what's going on and can only suggest you clear the cache or try another browser. I have done all those things and tried 4 different devices, different wifi and cell connections. Nada.

The issue is on their end and they obviously don't care to address it.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried to import any transactions? Trying to download too many at once can cause it to freeze. 

Sometimes your virus protection program can also cause issues with TurboTax functioning properly. Please see this FAQ for more information: Security software and TurboTax 

Anyone know when this might be fixed for everyone? I know many have reached out to the CEO, Twitter posts, posts on here, but anyone get an idea on the timeline of the fix?

thanks

Same exact issue. 

PattiF
Expert Alumni

This is a known issue and TurboTax is investigating this. Please see the following:

Oops ! It appears there was a drop in out connection.

You would think right? Except that two days ago "Expert" Tiffany L indicated:

"This was a known issue that has been resolved by TurboTax."

The link you provided also indicates that it has been "solved," when it has not. Customers contact support, and are continued to be told to clear their cache, try a different browsers, etc.

TurboTax, and the "Experts" in these forums, are literally a complete joke. It's absurd that "Experts" continue to provide contradictory information. We, as users, KNOW that the problem is with Intuit/TurboTax, yet WE are blamed when we reach out for support. We are told it's US. It's our computer. It's our browser. It's our cache. Nothing could be further from the truth.

TurboTax virtually locks you into their service year over year, and make it extremely difficult to move to another provider. All we ask, is that this be corrected. There has GOT TO BE someone at Intuit that can correct this. Having this go on for months to YEARS is unacceptable. If Intuit cannot correct it, look for a solution from another provider. We are a country full of extremely competent IT experts that could solve this rather quickly.

GET IT DONE!

Couldn't agree more with everything you said. When is someone finally going to help us out? 

@progravix I couldn’t have said it better. They don’t listen, they don’t care, their customer service is  absolutely horrible. I got no other option but to look for another company.

Finally! Seems like this is fixed now. Special thanks to anyone who sent a tweet to the CEO about this issue.

Yes, they fixed it now, tweeting to the CEO about the issue was helpful. They updated the online version, and now is working ok for me. If anyone is facing a problem yet I recommend contacting the Intuit CEO (Sasan Goodarzi) directly on Twitter or DM him. Hope that helps

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies