My federal tax it looks strange check from Green Dot BANK . which also they charged me another $20 and they sent me a check for 1602.02 cents. have you seen this before?

farshadm1962

why did I receive a check from green dot bank?

I asked for direct deposit via turbo tax!. I have not deposited this check yet.

Why am I being charged for transactions fees electronically and now am I getting a check from Green Dot Bank? 

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, your funds will first go from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.  At the intermediary bank the fees are subtracted, then the rest of your funds are sent on to your bank (or prepaid debit card) in a second deposit.  The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

Less commonly there can be delays at the intermediary bank, and additional ID info, etc. might be required.

If for any reason the second deposit fails (the one that is actually to your bank or card), it will bounce back to SBTPG's bank (Green Dot) , who will issue you a paper check in the mail.

Once the IRS has released your funds, you can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Rainbowgirl69

My refund was already next to nothing.. 371.00. I have been waiting since the 3rd of March. I just got a check that took out the tube tax fees of 80.00 I agreed to, but they also took another 30 **bleep** dollars.!!when called to find out why and tell them I wanted them to retry depositing money they said my bank rejected it and they wouldn't try again. My bank has BEVER even gotten an attempt at a direct deposit. How do I get back the fee they took out? Or is it a lost cause? 

AshleyLO

@Rainbowgirl69 If you need to contact TurboTax concerning a billing error, here's how you can reach someone: What is the TurboTax phone number?

If the billing error is with SBTPG, you can find the contact information in the post above yours.

Quesai2004

I need the answer to this except fees out of my refund was $320.00!!!!!!????

CassLO

@Quesai2004 In the forum, we unfortunately do not have access to your tax return but to review you TurboTax fees, please see the directions in the link below:

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

Please see this link, for reasons your refund may be less than expected:

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?

You can submit a request here for assistance with questions regarding your refund check from Greendot bank: Submit a request – TPG - Taxpayer