turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal tax it looks strange check from Green Dot BANK . which also they charged me another $20 and they sent me a check for 1602.02 cents. have you seen this before?

why did I receive a check from green dot bank?

I asked for direct deposit via turbo tax!. I have not deposited this check yet.

Why am I being charged for transactions fees electronically and now am I getting a check from Green Dot Bank? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

My federal tax it looks strange check from Green Dot BANK . which also they charged me another $20 and they sent me a check for 1602.02 cents. have you seen this before?

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, your funds will first go from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.  At the intermediary bank the fees are subtracted, then the rest of your funds are sent on to your bank (or prepaid debit card) in a second deposit.  The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

Less commonly there can be delays at the intermediary bank, and additional ID info, etc. might be required.

If for any reason the second deposit fails (the one that is actually to your bank or card), it will bounce back to SBTPG's bank (Green Dot) , who will issue you a paper check in the mail.

Once the IRS has released your funds, you can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

My refund was already next to nothing.. 371.00. I have been waiting since the 3rd of March. I just got a check that took out the tube tax fees of 80.00 I agreed to, but they also took another 30 **bleep** dollars.!!when called to find out why and tell them I wanted them to retry depositing money they said my bank rejected it and they wouldn't try again. My bank has BEVER even gotten an attempt at a direct deposit. How do I get back the fee they took out? Or is it a lost cause? 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Rainbowgirl69 If you need to contact TurboTax concerning a billing error, here's how you can reach someone: What is the TurboTax phone number?

If the billing error is with SBTPG, you can find the contact information in the post above yours.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need the answer to this except fees out of my refund was $320.00!!!!!!????

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Quesai2004 In the forum, we unfortunately do not have access to your tax return but to review you TurboTax fees, please see the directions in the link below:

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

Please see this link, for reasons your refund may be less than expected:

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?

You can submit a request here for assistance with questions regarding your refund check from Greendot bank: Submit a request – TPG - Taxpayer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
luckygoddess16
Returning Member

How can I tell if the bank I used rejected the deposit? i looked at all the information and documents. There is two spots that has my account number, but in one area the account number is missing a digi .documents.. There is two spots that has my account number.

Rip off sorry to say your check will never cash

@Wh347 You have posted to an old thread.   We do not know what you think was a rip off nor do we know what check you cannot cash.  Explain clearly and we may be able to help you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Did your check ever cash?

@Kttrabue This thread is old.   No one can tell  to whom you are asking your question "Did your check ever cash?"      Did you receive a check that you are having a problem with?   Do you not have a bank account to deposit the check to?   Sometimes you need to open a bank account, deposit the check and wait for it to clear.   Or we have heard from users who have been able to cash their refund checks at Walmart.   Have you tried that?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

First of all it's clearly someone talking about their check. I to, am also talking about a check. You're the only one confused! First off turbo tax sent a check through their third party bank. A check that everyone is having trouble cashing. Mind your business

@Kttrabue 

The folks responding to you are long term, knowledgeable users who have volunteered their services on this Board for many years to help others.  And yet you tell them to mind their own business.  What is your point in posting, then?

First, TT never receives your refund, so cannot send you a check, even though a third party bank. Second, what is your source for stating that "everyone" is having trouble cashing checks from Green Dot?

@Kttrabue   Users who posted to this thread two or three years ago are unlikely to be paying attention to it at this time. 

Your check did not come from TurboTax.   TurboTax never touches your refund in any way.

What is Refund Processing Service?

When you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, the refund goes through a third party bank first, and then that bank sends you the rest of your refund.   If something goes wrong with the direct deposit---like a closed account, wrong routing or account number, etc. -- then the refund is sent back to the third party bank.   The third party bank then issues and mails you a check, which you have to deposit or cash.  It sounds like that is what may have happened for you.   So....if you do not have an existing bank account to use, it may be difficult for you to cash that check.   You could open an account at a bank and deposit the check, wait for it to clear and then get your money out, or you can try cashing it at various places---we have heard from other users that they have been able to cash those checks at Walmart.

BBB says that y'all are liars and who said turbo tax I clearly stated turbo tax third party bank. Don't try to be smart when y'all are being sued now for stealing money so of course TT doesn't process refunds SBPTG DOES AND TT OUTSOURCED THEM. I COULD GIVE S D@MN ABOUT YALL SUPPOSED EXPERTISE. Not that much of a expert when you can look it up. Reddit, google, BBB and anywhere else people can complain about SBPTG, GREEN DOT AND ANY AFFILIATE.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies