Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal tax it looks strange check from Green Dot BANK . which also they charged me another $20 and they sent me a check for 1602.02 cents. have you seen this before?

Same thing happened to me. I’ll never use any type of online tax return sites, nor will I ever pay for audit protection! You cannot trust audit protection and it does zero good to even pay the 150.00 for it because they’re absolutely no help. I suffered a business loss, I have 3 kids and a fiancé to take care of and I ended up getting audited because they’re claiming that since I lost my business how could I have taken care of my kids! There’s something called odd jobs and working making money without getting a w2, it’s called making cash! I got a letter at an old address, that I haven’t even used in 3 fkn years which was probably their way to just be crooked and dirty trying to keep all my return. I ended up calling and waiting on the phone for 2 hours just for them to tell me that my taxes were going from 12,000 to 650 and THEN when they did send it, I only got 300! Green Dot bank took over half of what little they did send and the audit attorneys claim it wasn’t them so now I’m screwed and have absolutely no way to find out who took it. I’m so sick & tired of the IRS doing whatever they want to do. They’re all probably stealing everyone’s money, they’re all POS, low, dirty and crooked jerks and I’m over it. 

My federal tax it looks strange check from Green Dot BANK . which also they charged me another $20 and they sent me a check for 1602.02 cents. have you seen this before?

Same thing happened to me. I’ll never use any type of online tax return sites, nor will I ever pay for audit protection! You cannot trust audit protection and it does zero good to even pay the 150.00 for it because they’re absolutely no help. I suffered a business loss, I have 3 kids and a fiancé to take care of and I ended up getting audited because they’re claiming that since I lost my business how could I have taken care of my kids! There’s something called odd jobs and working making money without getting a w2, it’s called making cash! I got a letter at an old address, that I haven’t even used in 3 fkn years which was probably their way to just be crooked and dirty trying to keep all my return. I ended up calling and waiting on the phone for 2 hours just for them to tell me that my taxes were going from 12,000 to 650 and THEN when they did send it, I only got 300! Green Dot bank took over half of what little they did send and the audit attorneys claim it wasn’t them so now I’m screwed and have absolutely no way to find out who took it. I’m so sick & tired of the IRS doing whatever they want to do. They’re all probably stealing everyone’s money, they’re all POS, low, dirty and crooked jerks and I’m over it. 

@Outlaw_865 

TurboTax does not get any information from the IRS after you file your tax return, so no one at TT knows why your refund was less.

You have not mentioned any specific amounts.  Sometimes we can make an educated guess as to the reason for your reduced refund if you mention specific amounts--for example if your refund was short by $1400 per person---it is likely to be a mix up regarding the 3rd EIP payment.    If you received the 3rd stimulus check of $1400 per person in 2021 then you got letter 6475 from the IRS about it.   You needed to enter the amount you received.   If you already received that money then line 30 on your Form 1040 should have been blank.

If it is short by $1800 or  $1500 or  a multiple of that amount  ---   maybe a mixup regarding the advance child tax credit payments. If you received monthly child tax credit payments of $250 or $300 per month between July and December of 2021, then you got letter 6419 from the IRS, and you were required to enter the amount of the advance payments.   Only the remaining amount of the CTC should have been on line 28 of your Form 1040.

The IRS knows how much they sent to you for the 3rd stimulus check and they know how much they sent for advance child tax credit payments.   If you answered something incorrectly on your tax return then the IRS made a correction that resulted in a reduced refund for you. 

Or---the fees you were supposed to pay for using TurboTax + the "refund processing fee" charged by the third party bank….

Did you choose to have TT fees deducted from your Federal refund?  (Remember that if you did that, you also agreed to an extra refund processing fee of $39.99 or $44.99 in CA)

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

The IRS will send you a letter that explains why your refund was reduced.   Meanwhile it might help you to check your online IRS account.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-refunds/why-is-my-tax-refund-not-what-i-expected-49240/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-round-economic-impact-payment-top...

If you need to trace a payment that the IRS says has been issued to you, mail or fax a completed IRS Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund.

Updated IRS FAQ about recovery rebate credit

https://www.irs.gov/pub/taxpros/fs-2022-27.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Outlaw

I think you have the right Ideas never trust TurboTax to any difficult tax issues it better off if you just pay for tax services H@R Block offers services and if they make a mistake they fix for free and charge you nothing I don't know what happened to TurboTax  last year I didn't get no federal refund back and this year  some third party bank SBTPG for some reason is handling the refund. It appears that if you pay for TurboTax services by deduction from your return TurboTax sends it to SBTPG they take the money out of your refund and pay TurboTax. Once this transfer is done SBTPG is in charge of your money at this point you are at the mercy of SBTPG. They are associated with Green Dot card Banking, they send you a cashier's check  with your refund. However good luck getting the Cashier's Check and when you get it they take out their cut or refund. You will have a hell of a hard time cashing the check and SBTPG is notorious for sending you a none verification check. This means when a check cashing place trying to cash it runs it through their system it automatically cancels out your cashier check. Basically if the check cashing place doesn't call the number on the check to verify it. It won't work, but  the line is always busy check cashing place doesn't have time to keep calling the number for verification.  Basically your screwed, by the time you can cash the check you may have to get a reissue check more charges. Sorry TurboTax I won't be dealing with you anymore after this nightmare

I never requested for an early advance or to be charged $108.00, How do I get a refund this fraudulent charge?

@mthwaragon   It's not for an Advance.   Are the fees supposed to come out of your refund?

If the IRS is taking too long to send your refund they will ask you to pay the fees, see step 3 under What happens if the IRS reduces my refund......
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

If you don't pay they will automatically debit your bank account. Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again And, Why you got charged,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

Was supposed to receive 385 fed tax back minus turbo tax fee I think around $69 or free. Green dot sent around $179..why?

@1333

Did you choose to have TT fees deducted from your Federal refund?  (Remember that if you did that, you also agreed to an extra refund processing fee of $39.99 or $44.99 in CA)

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

thank you!!  I was wondering why I received a cashier's check for less than my refund amount.

If you log in its so easy it will break it down for you.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You're welcome.

@margaret33

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies