GabbyAli777

Married filed jointly used same address but live separately

My husband and I got married July 2020 and filed our taxes jointly on 2021 but we live separately and used same address for taxes. My apartment complex manager needed my income tax papers and saw him on the tax papers and says he lives with me because of the income tax but he doesn’t.

Carl

This is a TurboTax support forum. How is this a tax issue? Sounds more like a legal issue to me that has absolutely nothing to do with taxes.

Explain to him that you can only enter one address on a jointly filed return so yours was used. On a jointly filed return it is not necessary for you to actually live together at any time during the year just as long as you were married.

This is a "so what?" as far as your income tax return goes.   The IRS does not care if you live together.   If you are legally married then you can file a joint tax return or you can file married filing separately.   A joint return is almost always a better way to file because of the way your credits and deductions work.   If there is some sort of issue with your lease that is not a tax issue.  

Mike9241

as Carl posted this is a legal not a tax issue.