• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcdoll5

Is there a reason I can't enter anything in my 2022 Deluxe edition yet?

ive used turbo tax for years and have never had this problem.
9 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

Actually it is software for 2021--not 2022----but what happens when you try to enter data?  And are you trying to use the CD/download or online software?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tcdoll5

nothing happens. I bought the deluxe cd and uploaded just fine. It transferred data from last year. It walks me through every step but wont let me enter anything.

xmasbaby0
Level 15

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Critter-3
Level 15

Is your number lock on ?

Did you run a program update yet ? 

tcdoll5

no number lock isn't on. and yes it updates on start.

Critter-3
Level 15

The number lock must be ON to enter numbers.  

SteamTrain
Level 15

Perhaps define a particular section that it won't let you enter "anything"

It shouldn't happen in the Personal Info section

BUT 

(while this may not be the problem...I'll take a flyer and suggest it anyhow)

For some $$ entry sections, where you entered "Supporting Details" for an entry last year, you need to take a special step to get it to take a number this year

...sometimes a double-click will do it,

.....sometimes you can click in the box once then and then go to the top menu on the screen and click on <Edit....then <<Add Supporting Details from the drop-down menu.  IF the SuppDet box shows up you can either add your entry in there...or hit the Red "X" to delete the whole SuppDet worksheet and then make your normal entry.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Critter-3
Level 15

Ahhh yes ... the dreaded supporting details worksheet. 

tcdoll5

I wasting over 2 hrs of my time on the phone with 2 separate customer care reps neither of which had any idea what was wrong. They me repeatedly  change settings, resolution, etc. none of which helped. Eventually I was told I must have a corrupt cd. They had me fill out a refund form and told me I could now get a download - which I later found out I couldn't download until the refund was approved which will take 5-7 days. They also didn't know how the refund would be issued, or how I would be notified........

Needless to say I was not at all impressed with customer care. Neither rep was of any help at all. I honestly felt both were very uninformed and that they kept me on the line to avoid taking another call. 

I've been using turbo tax for years with no issues, hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v