Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

geisz78

Turbotax billing issues. I selected to have my cost for filing to be deducted from my refund and now I received a email stating that I will be charged 80 on the 12th

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Turbotax billing issues. I selected to have my cost for filing to be deducted from my refund and now I received a email stating that I will be charged 80 on the 12th

If the IRS adjusted your refund or it's taking too long for them to send your refund, you need to pay the fees.  You should have received one or two emails about paying the fees.   If you don't pay the SBTPG bank will directly debit your account.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302146  

See this FAQ, it explains about why they will debit your bank account

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552376-what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-turbota... 

geisz78

My refund was taken for student debt so it’s been long processed and completed and should have been removed over a month ago

Since the IRS kept your refund then Turbo Tax never got paid.  They don't know the IRS isn't going to send it.  So they wait 36 days.  If the refund doesn't come by then they send you a couple emails to pay the fees or they take it out of your account.  The IRS does not update Turbo Tax about your refund.  You still owe the fees.
geisz78

Is there a way to delay the charge? Don’t have it at this point
geisz78

Maybe a 30 day extension possible?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies