Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Sashella53
Returning Member

If my taxes got rejected will I still get my stimulus check

What is the telephone number that I call for this

@Sashella53 The IRS looks at either your 2018 or 2019 tax return to issue a stimulus check.  If your 2018 return was rejected, the IRS did not get anything from you for 2018.  Did you file a 2019 return that they can look at?  

As for why your 2018 return was rejected---did you not notice it was rejected when you e-filed it--assuming you e-filed before the filing deadline in October 2019?  You would have received an email telling you why it was rejected.  The email would have had a rejection message or rejection code and you could have attempted to fix the problem and re-file it before October 20, 2019.  Now it is too late to e-file a 2018 return.  In order to file a 2018 return you have to print, sign and mail the return.

See below:

. If you have any changes/corrections at all to make to your 2018 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).Then you need to print, sign and mail it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due, then file and pay the amount due as shown on the Form 1040, but expect a bill later from the IRS for the penalty and interest you will owe.  Only the IRS will calculate this—TurboTax will not calculate it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Valyt

This is my first year filing taxes but they got rejected  cause  no ip pin ,I jave never had o e,will I still get stimulus

@Valyt Use "zero" for the AGI and see if it will let you e-file using zero, since the IRS has no 2018 AGI in the system for you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

Unless you have a 2018 or 2019 return in the system, they have nothing to look at for you to send you a stimulus check.  If your return was rejected, they do not have it.  The other thing you can do to file a rejected return is print, sign and mail it, but that will take a lot longer for them to process.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I believe I need a pin for fed and state but I dont know how to get it mailed to me

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you do not have access to your IP PIN, you can always try to access it online at IRS.gov here. Just scroll down and click the Get an IP PIN button. 

@Hitbanga

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My refund was rejected for to many Fail  attempts. I waited almost two months until I file again  But still was rejected for the same reason. Why? 
Is their someone I can talk to personal to resolve this situation??

@mdancy8888 You have not told us the original reason for the rejection

Some rejected returns can be fixed and re-filed.  Some have “un-fixable” reasons for the rejection and have to be mailed instead.

You received a rejection email that we cannot see.  Please tell us word for word what it says so we know how to help you.  Or even copy and paste the email message.

If you used the IRS non-filer site to get a stimulus check, you will now get a  “duplicate SSN” rejection.  We are seeing people who did not notice or ignored the warning on that site about using it if they would be filing a tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...

Perl23

I received a stimulus the first round. During that time there were some issues where my tax return and more information is required in order to process it. 

will I get the second round of stimulus 

yes, likely you will.  and if you don't, it'll be reconciled on the 2020 tax return and you will get it as a credit on there. 

Hot off the press ... straight from the horse's mouth ...

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AKaCGGNoZ5dQX-vD5Qh0EP67mQ4

@Critter-3 That link just takes you to a sign in for a yahoo account.

Rjames1

My wife form was lost

@Rjames1

You need to post a complete question to get a coherent answer ... we have no idea what you mean.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies