Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received an email from Turbotax reminding me that I still needed to finish filing my taxes. I filed and they were accepted in May. It appears to be legitimate. Is it?

It contains my user name with the **** blocking out most of it. It appears to be legit.   There was a delay in processing it, just got the refund last month.  Why would Turbotax send me the email?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I received an email from Turbotax reminding me that I still needed to finish filing my taxes. I filed and they were accepted in May. It appears to be legitimate. Is it?

You  can just  ignore it if you have already filed. 

I get it, but something on their end told them I hadn't.  Simple enough to see "accepted".  Algorithm should have been searching out where "pending" and "accepted"m no email.  Where "pending" only, email.

Rather than scaring the crap out of people.  I can only imagine a person in their 80's getting that email. 

There are a lot of people who have more than one TurboTax account.   Sometimes they start a return, forget how to access the account, and just start again in a new account.   You might have an older forgotten account that is generating those emails.   If you know you filed, you know you received your refund, ignore the emails.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Jetster12
Returning Member

it's annoying and concerning that they continue to do this. It's doesn't scream confidence now does it. No other accounts, and I finished months ago, the email continue to show up. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

It may be a delayed marketing response.  

You can double-check your e-file status by following the instructions here.  You can view to see if you have other Intuit accounts by viewing our Help Article here.  

@Jetster12 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ABTaxes1

I keep getting these as well! The last one named my employer and said the W2 "needs attention." But the IRS accepted my return weeks ago. I logged into TurboTax, looking for a confirmation that I was done, but no such luck. Instead, it invited me to "get started" on my return?? I'm freaking out a little.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can check that your return was received by the taxing authority  using these instructions: Check the Electronic Postmark of your Return. Pay close attention to the separate lines for Federal and State. They are separate statuses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies