Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tans

I purchased a pc download of turbotax premier and completed instaalation but it wont launch. what do i need to fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
tans

I purchased a pc download of turbotax premier and completed instaalation but it wont launch. what do i need to fix?

calrification: it launched by the activation screen remains blank.

Another user posted this fix.  See if it works for you -

• change your resolution to 800 x 600 (start>setting >system resolution. once it's been changed, your screen size will look very big. REMEMBER your initial resolution setting!
  • launch TT and the activation screen should launch.  copy / paste in your activation code. you should get the 'all set' green check mark
  • change your resolution back to what is was originally. 
tans

Thanks, just tried and it worked! 

rainsmik1

I found it is a resolution problem. Go to Windows Settings and select Display and choose 100% . Mine worked from then on.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

To also add to the information above, please see the TurboTax links below for help opening your software once installed:

If you need further assistance, please reach out to us.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies