turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tklagmann
Returning Member

I need to speak to a live agent

Purchased TurboTax. I am unable to load on my iMac. Won’t transfer. Tried code and it won’t work. Need help

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this situation ... contact details can be found here

My 2020 Return had errors I don't understand

Needs live help

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to support via phone, contact details can be found here. If you are using the Turbo Tax Live product, you may request assistance by following the steps listed here @incometax2008home.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I NEED HELP WITHSTATE OF NC TAXES

I FILED MY NC STATAE TAXES, NOW I GET MESAGESS TO COMPLETE. WHATS UP WITH THIS

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

We will assist you in this form, however, you will need to provide details on your issue.  Start to finish, describe what is the issue with your NC return.  Normally when you prepare the federal return that information flows and, pretty much, prepares the state with little additional information.

North Carolina has had some issues with Forms being finalized for electronic filing, but I don't know if that is your issue.  Contact us again and give us more information.  We will assist you to accurately file.

@kdunc10

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have e-filed my nC state taxes. I keep getting notices to finish then. What is the problem???

@ kdunc10 wrote:

I have e-filed my nC state taxes. I keep getting notices to finish then. What is the problem???

Did you go all the way to the end and on the final screen clicked a big orange button "Transmit Return Now"?   If so, was your efile accepted?    Here's how to check:

When you log into your Online account, go to the Tax Home (or it may already open there.)  What is shown for the status of the state return?   Does it say accepted, rejected, started, printed, ready to mail (for those filing by mail), or what?

After efiling, did you receive an email that the state transmission was successful, followed by a later second email that the state return had been accepted or rejected?

By "messages" and "notices" are you meaning emails?  If you are getting emails from TurboTax to complete and file your state return, but you already have efiled such and have confirmed it was accepted, be aware that not uncommonly TurboTax has at times sent out batch emails that may no longer affect everyone.   For example, did you have to wait on a form for a while and signed up for any notices?   Or perhaps the TurboTax program may have known you were waiting on a form at one time and automatically emailed everyone in that circumstance en masse.

If you efiled, and if you are sure your NC return was accepted, here's how to track it at the NC DOR website if you are getting a state refund:

FAQ:  How do I track my North Carolina state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-north-carolina-tax-refund/00/...

I have an entry as Capital Gains that is shown $96,xxx.  I cannot find where it is coming from.  My gain gains are $2,679.   Please direct me to where this is coming from.

@onofrioferro 

That could be from many places ... are you using the online or downloaded program ?

I completed my return by filing short form. the computer kept telling me to do so. Turbo tax showed that I would receive $47 credit.  Then I received a letter from the IRS stating that I owed $1353.00. how would this discrepancy occurred?  The letter stated that it was because of Recovery Rebate Credit.  They want this by April 15. Can someone dial into my computer and review my return?  phone number is [phone number removed] and you will be speaking to Lynn Gallo.

What would the cost be?

@John A Gallo Do some homework first.

LOTS of people have made mistakes this year with the recovery rebate credit by "forgetting" that they received the $1400 per person stimulus checks last year.  They answered no to the questions for the  recovery recovery rebate credit and put the $1400 per person on line 30 of their returns.  But you cannot get it twice, so the IRS removes it when it is there by mistake.

Try checking your online account with the IRS

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

Does the IRS show that you received a $1400 stimulus or EIP check in 2021?   Did you receive it?   When you were asked on your tax return did you say no?   Was there $1400 on line 30 of your tax return?

If the IRS says you got $1400 last year but you did not receive it you can have it traced.

LOST THIRD STIMULUS CHECK

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-round-economic-impact-payment-top...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies