laura-ryherd

I'm trying to file my 2020 taxes but have not yet submitted my 2019 taxes, they are done just not submitted. Can I still file my 2020 taxes?

Yes, you can file the 2020 tax return without filing the 2019 tax return first.  Where asked for the 2019 AGI in the File section of the program, so that you can e-file the 2020 tax return, just indicate that the 2019 return was not filed.  Or enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI.

"....but have not yet submitted my 2019 taxes, they are done just not submitted. "

You cannot e-file a 2019 return.   It can only be filed by mail.   Print it, sign and date it in ink, and mail it in.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

You cannot use the online 2020 program to file the 2019 return so please don't try.  

How to file a prior year
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-prepare-a-prior-year-tax-return/00/25...