Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Happybird

I know the IRS phone number is 800-829-1040, but how to do you get someone to actually answer the line?

I filed my taxes is February 7th and I still have not received my refund. Every time I check the status of my taxes on irs. Gov with verification I get a message saying "No information can be given at this time" that is not  adequate service!  I tried calling and the call is automatically sent to the automatic system which says you have the option to wait in line for the next representative but then it disconnects the call.  Something needs to give because this type of business is unacceptable! What happened to great customer service?

I know the IRS phone number is 800-829-1040, but how to do you get someone to actually answer the line?

I am in the same situation! I do not understand how it is legal for the IRS to put you on a call waiting list and then just hang up on you. I need my taxes and I have no idea what is going on. I should have receive it by now. It is unacceptable as you said for them to be able to not take your call.

Lvaldez12

Did you ever get your taxes back? What was the result of all this for you? I know this was in 2019, but I filed mine this year on Jan 29, and I still haven’t got mine back. Tried to call the irs I can never get through :( 

Use this link to check on the status of your refund.  Where's My Refund

TurboTax is a Tax preparation tool, so  once you prepare and submit your return to IRS, TurboTax is no longer involved.  TurboTax does not issue refunds or know when they are issued.  IRS does not update TurboTax about their processing of your returns. 

The IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. The same results are expected for 2021 however due to the delay in the start of the season millions more return have piled up causing a backlog as the IRS has to check each and every return for the correct stimulus credit payments you already got against the amount you reported ... this has put a monkey wrench into the entire system this year that is already overtaxed ... patience will be needed while they try their best to muddle thru this situation. 

You can use the IRS Where’s My Refund? tool (fastest option) or IRS2Go mobile app

Please see the links below for more information on when you will receive your refund:

Where's My Tax Refund? The IRS Refund Timetable Explained

Didn't work for me, but thanks

THEY SEND MY CHECK TO THE RONG BANC ACCOUNT NUMBER I DONT KNOW WHY BECUASE THE FIRST ONE THEY SEND IT TRU THE MAIL AND I RECIVE IT FINE,

OR THIS IS NOT FOR THE STIMULES CHECKS,,,I RECIVE MY SMALL CHECK BUT AM WAITHING ON THE BIG ONE,

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

IRS is issuing the third payments in phases. To find out when and how the IRS sent your third Economic Impact Payment, please use the Get My Payment tool. The Get My Payment updates once a day, usually overnight. The IRS  states "Do not call the IRS." Their phone assistors don't have information beyond what's available on IRS.gov.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jmccro

I filed an admend for 2019 and 2020 taxes due to error on my daughter for EIC. How do I check status? I have mailed the 2019 Amend, filed 2020 Amend on turbo tax. How do I ck the status??

@jmccro wrote:

I filed an admend for 2019 and 2020 taxes due to error on my daughter for EIC. How do I check status? I have mailed the 2019 Amend, filed 2020 Amend on turbo tax. How do I ck the status??

Go to this IRS website for the status of a federal amended tax return - https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

ScroogeMarley6258
Returning Member

Steven Asher, [removed]

I filed mid February joint.  and currently have not received my refund.  Can you please investigate?

Sorry no one can check on your refund.  Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date. The IRS usually pays most refunds within 21 days. But these are not normal times. This year is taking the IRS longer to send the refunds. There are millions more people filing returns to get the Stimulus payment.

See this news article on Refunds being delayed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Only the IRS can tell you. If your return was Accepted then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

cmw
Returning Member

The menu instructions for the line changed completely. Does anyone have any updated instructions on how to get in touch with the IRS? I got a letter in the mail and the IRS is missing two of my payments.

"missing 2 payments" ???

If you made the payments you listed on your return and the IRS disagrees   then simply respond to the notice with proof of payment ... a bank or credit card statement showing the payment and/or a cancelled check.  

this is the most gangster answer on terrible tax / turbo trash.

this answer just dominated H&R.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies