turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have been under review for almost 60 days can you help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

58 Replies
Fern

You need to contact the IRS if your tax return is still being processed for almost 60 days. The IRS is reviewing your return because there is something in your return that they want to verify or look at more closely.  It still does not automatically mean that you are being audited, but it does mean the IRS is taking a closer look at your return.

This review can take a day or two or it can take much, much longer. If your return remains in the “being processed” status for more than 21 days, you may contact the IRS directly and ask for additional information. The IRS requests that you wait 21 days before contacting them but, you are past this waiting period.

The number you can use to call the IRS is 1-800-829-1040. The hours you can call are from 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday. Instructions for the phone selections are as follows:
• Choose your language preference
• Select option 2 for "personal income tax"
• Select 1 for "form, tax history, or payment"
• Select 4 "for all other questions."
• Select 2 "for all other questions."  You will then be transferred to an agent.
nannyof03

I've been under review for two months now it's being audited  they say it could take up to 6 months. It's not fair cause I need my money too..I sent 9 different documents to prove my exemptions. I'm VERY UPSET AND NOT WAITING PATIENTLY

I have been waiting as well told me 60 days from March 15 when they sent letter 4464c  dated March 15 filed taxes Feb 11 was accepted Feb 12 been in still processing status since Feb 15 smh ??? this is stressful and I’m pissed  I need my money  like now???? Everytime I call they claim they don’t need anything from me just to wait I can’t take it anymore
plmefford

The same thing happened to me so i called the irs and filed for a hardship. A tax advicator called me and said they never recieved my w2 from my employer aka IRS lost it.  I had to send proof of my employment now i have to wait another 4 week.   I talked to the IRS 3x before the tax advicator called me and everytime they told me nothing was missing...

Holy sh%t . I know i did everything right . No tax advisor will help and irs is lying. So i do not know of theres hope for me. I keep waitin for 60 days.... may1st . Fingers crossed?

I am going through the same thing. Irs accepted my return on jan 30th my status on the irs web site is still being reviewed i called the irs they said nothing was wrong their just holfing on to it a little longer could be the extra deductions. Told me id recieve my refund on march 18th. Then i get a letter march 9th saying they will be taking an additional 60 day to review it. I called they told me im not being audited nothing i can do but wait. So im supposed to recieve my money by may 1st. It is bull shit.

Im just really sad and feel in the dark about whays going on ams of theres anything o can do to speed it up.  I ordered my transcript so that should be coming and the tax advocate  doesnt want to help .. i am waiting til may 1st but after that i am going to hit up the TA everyday

Do you have the earned income  and child yax

What is the irs referral process? I have filed my taxes jan29th and the beginning of February they selected me for a random review and it’s been over the 60 days they said it would take. And so I called up because they told me if I didn’t hear anything by today to call up and they said nothing was updated so she was gunna put me in for a referral and give up up to another 60 days? Has this happened to someone before? I’m sure it has so what’s next
cherisat

@biancasantos that is exactly what happened to me. I filed 1-22-18, accepted 1-29-18, got a letter that my refund went under review as of 2-14-18. Called IRS they told me that my review was up to be released 4-10-18. Called back yesterday and they asked for my phone number and put in a referral and they would call me? I asked if there was anything else that I needed to send in or do, and they told me that everything looked good. That I needed to wait another 30 days and then call back. Seriously frustrating! I have already waited my 60 days, now I have to wait an additional 30 days?

Right same as me I’m tired of waiting

Any updates? Nothing for me.

Nope

Still  waiting tired of no response
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies