turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have been under review for almost 60 days can you help?

Great! This is insane. Quick to take my money but when it's time to pay me back they take their time smh. The irs system needs updated bad. Why is this not being done?? All the money wasted on things that dont matter when there is things tjat need to be done first like updating the irs system. I don't understand

With the technology we have this shouldn't be happening. People are losing their homes and aren't able to take care of their family's because of this crap. The government is so jacked up people wonder why there are so many drug dealers and people that break the law. People can't rely in the government.

Anonymous
Not applicable

contact the taxpayer advicate in your state 

https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate

however due to the Covid -19 reviews may be taking longer than normal

My 60 day review was up on the 13th cant contact irs says processing. Recieved state but not federal

Maddanny

How long did it take you to get them if you don't mind me asking 

I didnt

im over the 60 days review. i filed and was accepted last week of feb. been over 90 days. nothing. no irs tracker date. just limbo. evryone got stimulus checks... why couldnt they get our taxes which is our rightful money to us first? im sick of this.

@dhemm wrote:

im over the 60 days review. i filed and was accepted last week of feb. been over 90 days. nothing. no irs tracker date. just limbo. evryone got stimulus checks... why couldnt they get our taxes which is our rightful money to us first? im sick of this.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

GRogal83

Im going through pretty much the exact same thing. I never received my taxes and every time I checked it kept saying it was being processed so I called them and they said I was picked for a mini audit she called it. I verified my address so she could send any paperwork if needed but if I didn't receive any papers I would have my return within 60 days. I never received any mail from IRS and after the 60 days I called now they're saying they need another 60 days because of the covid-19 epidemic. I payday highly recommended and rated tax professional to do my taxes since I moved to a different state and had gotten married I really need my refund especially after moving to a different state starting a new job and not working during the epidemic I don't know what else to do I really need my refund.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Your only option at this point is to try to keep contacting the IRS.  

Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

On Feb 17 2021  is a year and nothing not refund, the phone don't work and always is automatic robot ,I don't know what to do 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time, but it is possible to speak with a person if you go through the automated system as follows.  Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday.  

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.   So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."

When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.   Just wait for the message to repeat.  After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.   Then press 4 for all other inquiries and then you will be transferred to an agent!   

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll-free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate      @Beba1982

Online Tools and Resources - The page on the IRS website has contact options for many situations.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Wait.   You’re telling me that you filed your taxes a whole YEAR ago, got the “under review” letter from the IRS and still haven’t heard anything or gotten a refund.  Is that correct???????   😦

Yes. That was the case. I eventually was able to get ahold of someone around September. They informed me that the week I got the review letter was the first week of shut down. I was never reviewed nor was it processed. It took them about another month after that. We lost our home due to the corona virus costing us jobs and then my taxes never came. Was a horrible year. 

1029lol
Returning Member

If we're owed them we would have alot of interest so i think it should be intrested also

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies