Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

christie4024
Returning Member

I have been under review for almost 60 days can you help?

Did you ever end up getting your Refund? IF So how long did it take

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Please checked your status with TurboTax and IRS tools here:  TurboTax and IRS

You might need to call the IRS if it's been more than 21 days.  Please contact https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance  or IRS.

Please also read this: 

It is also possible that you owed IRS and they took your refund to offset the debt.  I will suggest you contact the Treasury Offset Program at 800-304-3107 to find out.  If this does not apply to you , call the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service at 1-877-777-4778.  

Here are the possible reasons when the offset is taken:

• Past due child support;
  • Debts owed to a federal agency;
  • Unemployment debts owed to the state;
  • Past due federal student loans;
  • Unpaid state income tax.

For more information, see RefundOffset

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shelly_34

I have been under review for 60 i need help im going through major hardship and I have not received either of my stimulus nor did I receive my refund and I received a letter stating that my state taxes what being taken but never heard anything about my federal refund im sick no money for the doctors and I have hypothyroidism I need medical treatment other issues that has me going through hardship please I filed Feb 14 2021 and my return was accept and received Feb 17,2021 please have someone call me [phone number removed] and email me and please have someone contact the treasury dept at the irs for a resolution

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

@Shelly_34

We can’t contact the Treasury Department for you, but the IRS's Taxpayer Advocate Office may be able to help you. 

According to the TurboTax Help article How Can the Taxpayer Advocate Service Help Me?, the Taxpayer Advocate Service accepts cases that fall into four main categories:

• Time-sensitive matters.
  • Issues involving multiple IRS units.
  • Breakdowns in the IRS's normal process.
  • Situations in which a taxpayer has unique circumstances, but the IRS is applying a "one-size-fits-all" rule.

Please see the IRS's Taxpayer Advocate Service page for guidance.

Deans1165

This is ridiculous, I'm wondering if turbo tax messed up my taxes. They say contact the irs you can't nobody answers. Should I just file my taxes again? Been 60 days

I also am going through a process of review and it has been 60 days +/-... please if you recieved or receive any information on what or why the IRS is doing this, please reply to this comment. The information I had received the first time I called the IRS was that my refund was going to be reviewed for ten weeks with no reason as to why it was under review for that long, it's may 8th and the last day of my ten week review is on the 11th of may... the second time I had called the woman was a bit more  informative but still could not tell me why my refund was still being processed for review... she did however tell me that if I hadn't seen a change on irs.gov where's my refund by the 7th, to call on the 10th and ask what's going on. Thanks for listening and any feedback. God bless 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

According to this IRS update as of May 7th:     

The IRS is now opening mail within normal timeframes. The IRS has also made significant progress in processing prior year returns. As of April 30, 2021, we had 1 million individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of April 30, 2021, we had 17.1 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.  

How long you may have to wait: The IRS understands the importance of timely processing of tax returns and refund issuance. We are processing returns received over the summer and fall in 2020 due to the extended July 15, 2020 tax filing due date. While the majority of 2019 refund returns have been processed, in some cases, we are processing tax returns that were mailed with a payment even though payment associated with these returns have been processed by the IRS. However, we are rerouting tax returns and taxpayer correspondence from locations that are behind to locations where more staff is available, and we are taking other actions to minimize any delays. Tax returns are opened in the order received. As the return is processed, it may be delayed because it has a mistake including errors concerning the Recovery Rebate Credit, is missing information, or there is suspected identity theft or fraud. If we can fix it without contacting you, we will. If we need more information or need you to verify that it was you who sent the tax return, we will write you a letter. The resolution of these issues depends on how quickly and accurately you respond, and the ability of IRS staff trained and working under social distancing requirements to complete the processing of your return.  

What you should do: If you filed electronically and received an acknowledgement, you do not need to take any further action other than promptly responding to any requests for information. If you filed on paper, check Where’s my refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review. We’re working hard to get through the backlog. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.  

Manda
Returning Member

I have been in the process status for over 80 days and the call prompts listed in response to this don't direct me to get anything except for my refund status?

This is all understandable but the IRS agents answering the phone have no information.. you hold for 40 minutes to hear I don’t know and A lot of them hang up on customers.. I have no trust on the irs anymore.

I have been under review since March12 now their saying since March 21 I NEED My Refund I'm on a fixed income, and have been evicted from my dwelling 😡

Fayana

Did you ever receive your tax return months later ?, I'm currently in the same situation u were in , now :( I

Hey

I wanted to know what was your end result.  I am having this issue this year.I been using tt foe 10 years.  I files Jan 26 claimed  my 3 kids and I made sure all my number was correct foe the child text credit.  I was on path then lifted then I have to identify Mar then after that ai updated then sent a 60day review letter my 60 days is up June 18th . I just wanna know when did you end up getting tour refund and what's my hope or what should I do

I'm under review for 60 days also! Does anyone know when my 60 days started? Like Does it start with the date your accepted? Or does my 60 days start by the date on my letter? I've never had this happen before so I'm lost

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Counting starts with the date on the letter from the IRS.

You may consider reaching out to the Taxpayer Advocate Service here.

Centralized Case Intake toll-free number at 877-777-4778.  However, TAS may also be experiencing a high call volume.

Download form 911 Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance.

@Princess8300 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies