Solved: I accidentally upgraded my account. How do I cancel to go back to my free account?

I accidentally upgraded my account. How do I cancel to go back to my free account?

No problem. You can downgrade using the clear and start over feature. However, you will be required to restart your return. 

In TurboTax Online, you can erase your return and start from scratch as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered.

1. If you haven't already done so, sign in at TurboTax.com and select the blue Take me to my return button.
  2. On the welcome back screen, in the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then select Clear & Start Over (click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

GEN86827

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question

3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

GEN86827

I did so. Thank you so much.
However, it would be nice to have another way to do it which doesn't mean I have to do all over again. I had already finished every step and doing it all over again is not so nice.

Unfortunately, using the clear and start over feature is the only way to downgrade, which requires to restart your return. I'm sorry.

I accidentally registered, how can you help to go back to the free version?

I have the same issue and now I cant go back cause I already registered. And I was already registered when I accidentally upgraded so it makes no sense that I can't change it back.