turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rdobashi

How do I link to Schedule C on my 1099-MISC for Box 7? I am told to double-click to select, but there is not option to do so.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
DianeC958
Expert Alumni

How do I link to Schedule C on my 1099-MISC for Box 7? I am told to double-click to select, but there is not option to do so.

If you are filling in the information in TurboTax Desktop version in the forms mode you  double click on the brown box to the left on Schedule C.  This will connect your 1099-Misc to a Schedule C.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rdobashi

I am using the web version so it looks like I don't have the same functionality. That you for your reply. I found an alternative workaround that allowed me to file online. 

Lhalan

Which was

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

For the 2020 tax year, 1099-MISC, Box 7, has been replaced by Form 1099-NEC.

Please comment back with what box is showing income on your 1099-MISC. From there, we can assist you with how to put it on your tax return. 

@Lhalan

klil
Level 1

Screenshot (3).pngPlease help!!! I have been going around in circles for literal hours. I am having the same problem and cannot fix it for the life of me. I have read SEVERAL forums and have tried every single suggestion. I have deleted my 1099 and re-entered it probably 5 times in three different ways. I have no clue what to do. I drove for Uber in 2020, and because I only made 1,356, I did not receive a 1099. I followed the directions on how to enter the income, and no matter what I do, I keep getting stuck in review.

snyde30

Having the same issue... did anyone figure it out?

snyde30

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

There is a known issue when using TurboTax Online that is related to the program asking you to double-click to link to Schedule C.  Take a look at the TurboTax article below and use the link in the article to enter your email address to be notified once this is resolved.  

Why can't I link my 1099-NEC in TurboTax Online?

Alternatively, take a look at the additional information below for a possible series of steps to solve the issue.  

Since income reported on Form 1099-NEC needs to be reported on Schedule C, the program is trying to tie these two forms together to be sure that it is reported correctly and on the right form.

Try going back to the section where you entered the Form 1099-NEC if you entered it on its own and delete that entry.  Use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “1099-NEC” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to 1099-NEC
  • Click on the blue “Jump to 1099-NEC” link

This will bring you to the summary of all Form 1099-NEC that you have entered.  Click Delete or the trash can icon next to each one.

Next, you will re-enter the Form 1099-NEC as part of the Schedule C so that the income is reported directly as part of your Business Income and Expenses and within the correct form and section of your return.

Use these steps to go to the Schedule C section of your return.  

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “schedule c” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to schedule c
  • Click on the blue “Jump to schedule c” link

If you already have a Schedule C in your return, edit it and go to the section to Add Income.  This is where you will re-enter the Form 1099-NEC. 

If you do not already have a Schedule C in your return, follow the prompts and enter the information about your work/business for which you received the Form 1099-NEC.  Then continue through that section to Add Income and enter the Form 1099-NEC plus any other income you received for that self-employed business.  

Don't forget you can also claim expenses related to your business.

After you are finished, the error condition should be eliminated. 

@klil

marrotta6

AnnetteB6 100% solved this issue for me.

lk_2020

I am really struggling with this. I have a 1099-NEC and followed these steps but it is still asking me to enter the schedule c information? @AnnetteB6 

drquill74

I've tried deleting both of my 1099-NEC and still getting the same issue.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Be sure to completely close out of the program and the browser. When re-opening, use Chrome in an Incognito window.

Form 1099-NEC is a new form for non-employee compensation that replaces what used to be reported on Form 1099-MISC, Box 7 in the past. For more details, see What is Form 1099-NEC?

@drquill74

jbsims
Returning Member

What to do if the 1099-NEC is associated with farm activity (schedule F) and not self employment (schedule C)? I enter in the 1099-NEC via the schedule F wizard, but when I try to e-file I get stuck in the loop demanding I double click to link to schedule C, even though I don't have a schedule C. I tried deleting and re-entering the 1099-NEC (twice) but get the same outcome. Please advise.This is the loop during final review.This is the loop during final review.Here is the 1099-NEC under Schedule F.Here is the 1099-NEC under Schedule F.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies