Solved: How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

jerbs

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

I know it can be hard to find.  But I think it's in the same place as before.

If you have the Desktop program you can do a What-If worksheet.  
Go to Forms Mode, click Forms in the upper right or on the left for Mac. Then click Open Forms box in the top of the column on the left. Open the US listing of forms and towards the bottom find the What-if worksheet. It's right under Estimated Taxes.  

Or try…Go into Forms View. Once there, at the top of the left column, click on the icon for "Open Form". A popup window will appear. In the text line, type the word "what" without quotes. You should see "what-if worksheet" appear as a selection choice. Double-click it to launch the form.

MichelleT

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

Did you look through your forms, upper right?

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

benjwhite9

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

Is the "what-if" worksheet available with the TurboTax online product?

macuser_22

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

@benjwhite9 wrote:

No.   CD/download products only.

jmeysemb

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

The "What If" feature is still available in the forms section if you search for it using that name.  I used it last night.

bettypaystaxes

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

There is one big problem with the what-if worksheet (I have tried it several times over the years and get the same result). 

The worksheet takes interest earned, dividends, and capital gains and just splits them in half, no matter who the income is assigned to. This makes it useless unless all of your income is earned.

Am I missing something? 

macuser_22

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

@bettypaystaxes wrote:

Am I missing something? 

Are you trying married filing separately?     The whatif is very simplistic.     MFS has too many variables for anything but a simply splitting.   It is a very rough estimate.

bettypaystaxes

How do I get the "what-If" worksheet?

Yes, I am testing Married Filing Separately.  I am surprised that TT cannot split the unearned income properly, as the program specifically asks whom the income is assigned to. What is that used for, if not a determination of MFJ vs MFS?  

To say it is a "rough estimate" is generous. It is flat-out wrong. Hopefully, TT can fix this in the future. It would be very helpful  

Thanks for the reply.