turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I solve this when e Filing: 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits?

How do I solve this error when efiling
601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

How can I solve this when e Filing: 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits?

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide a solution to the error. 

Error message 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Contains invalid digits

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

you must use a US phone number

View solution in original post

9 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide a solution to the error. 

Error message 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Contains invalid digits

I determined that my phone number in my intunit account is incorrect but I am unable to change it because I do not remember my intunit account password. How can I change my intunit password without knowing my password? Is there a help desk number I can call? I am located in the Philippines and my phone service does not work internationally to receive the text used in the verification or update process. Please help me, I need to solve this so I can file my return. Thank you!

you must use a US phone number

Mike do you know how to change the intuit account password without knowing the current password. I forgot it? Do you know a help desk contact number to talk with a live person?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@mario-rpl If you no longer have that information please click here and fill out the account recovery request form. 

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below to recover your account if you remember one of the following linked to your account:

• Phone number (recommended)

• Email address

• User ID

Please click Forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password? to learn more. 

nellyp26
Returning Member

I live in Germany so if a use a states number will it work

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the link posted earlier on the SMS error.

SMS Error

I received a rejection as follows:  "The PIN for the first taxpayer on your return is missing.  The IRS e-file database indicates that an PIN is required.  You should have received a CP01A...  "  I have the letter with the 6 digit PIN but Turbotax won't let me enter it in the box.  It says, "Invalid, too many digits."  Why won't it let me enter 6 digits?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ How do I add or remove my 6-digit IP PIN? 

If you continue to have issues entering the IP PIN, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

@stsmithpro

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies