Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I remove the $1,800 stimulus refund from my 1040 return in TurboTax? It was automatically applied by TurboTax and rejected when filed.

How can I file the 1040 without the $1,800 stimulus refund electronically with TurboTax?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How can I remove the $1,800 stimulus refund from my 1040 return in TurboTax? It was automatically applied by TurboTax and rejected when filed.

Go to the Federal Review section of the program and select Yes when asked if you received both the 1st and 2nd stimulus payments if the screen is showing that you should have received $1,200 for the 1st payment and $600 for the second payment.

Otherwise enter what you actually received for both payments.

The Recovery Rebate Credit is entered on the Form 1040 Line 30.  Verify the amount is either 0/blank or is the amount that you DID NOT receive.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

What was the REJECTED code and message text?

This would be new.

What was Rejected?  Did your efile reject (or was it originally Accepted)?  Or did the IRS reject the amount of your refund and change your return?

If the IRS rejected your refund because of the 1800 on line 30 you don't need to fix that.  The IRS already removed it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies