emetheny2288

How can I enter in my Adjusted gross income from 2018 to be able to completely file my tax form for 2019

GiseleD

This help article addresses how to get the AGI:

The best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed for 2018. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.

If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Alternatively, you can file your return on paper via mail.

emetheny2288

I know how to find my adjusted gross income on the tax forms, what I cannot figure out is how to pull it back up on turbo tax and add it to my current 2019. I need to enter in my AGI from 2018 to complete filing for 2019. I did not use turbo tax last year to file my return. And I do not have a mailing address to send in my AGI from 2018 that turbo tax is telling me I need to do. 

@emetheny2288 wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ for where to enter the 2018 AGI - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

emetheny2288

What is the mailing address for the IRS that turbo tax FAILS to list for mailing in returns from past years? I keep receiving emails from turbo tax saying my 2019 return isn’t completely filed because of my AGI from 2018. I did not use turbo tax last year to file, nor will it let me pull up the forms I need to enter in my AGI from 2018 because my filing is complete when I pull up my account information. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

@emetheny2288 wrote:

If you do not have a copy of your 2018 tax return for the 2018 AGI, then get the 2018 transcript from the IRS for free - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You want to mail a federal tax return to the IRS?  Go to this IRS website for address by state, filed with or without a payment - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment