turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emetheny2288
Returning Member

How can I enter in my Adjusted gross income from 2018 to be able to completely file my tax form for 2019

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

How can I enter in my Adjusted gross income from 2018 to be able to completely file my tax form for 2019

This help article addresses how to get the AGI:

The best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed for 2018. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.

If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Alternatively, you can file your return on paper via mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
emetheny2288
Returning Member

I know how to find my adjusted gross income on the tax forms, what I cannot figure out is how to pull it back up on turbo tax and add it to my current 2019. I need to enter in my AGI from 2018 to complete filing for 2019. I did not use turbo tax last year to file my return. And I do not have a mailing address to send in my AGI from 2018 that turbo tax is telling me I need to do. 

@emetheny2288 wrote:

I know how to find my adjusted gross income on the tax forms, what I cannot figure out is how to pull it back up on turbo tax and add it to my current 2019. I need to enter in my AGI from 2018 to complete filing for 2019. I did not use turbo tax last year to file my return. And I do not have a mailing address to send in my AGI from 2018 that turbo tax is telling me I need to do. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for where to enter the 2018 AGI - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

emetheny2288
Returning Member

What is the mailing address for the IRS that turbo tax FAILS to list for mailing in returns from past years? I keep receiving emails from turbo tax saying my 2019 return isn’t completely filed because of my AGI from 2018. I did not use turbo tax last year to file, nor will it let me pull up the forms I need to enter in my AGI from 2018 because my filing is complete when I pull up my account information. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

@emetheny2288 wrote:

What is the mailing address for the IRS that turbo tax FAILS to list for mailing in returns from past years? I keep receiving emails from turbo tax saying my 2019 return isn’t completely filed because of my AGI from 2018. I did not use turbo tax last year to file, nor will it let me pull up the forms I need to enter in my AGI from 2018 because my filing is complete when I pull up my account information. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

If you do not have a copy of your 2018 tax return for the 2018 AGI, then get the 2018 transcript from the IRS for free - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You want to mail a federal tax return to the IRS?  Go to this IRS website for address by state, filed with or without a payment - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies