turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Getting error 70001 "TurboTax is already running under another account. Switch users and run ..." ???? No one to call for help anymore!!!!

@sandji So glad the issue resolved for you.  Thanks for updating us.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pc7
Level 2

Getting error 70001 "TurboTax is already running under another account. Switch users and run ..." ???? No one to call for help anymore!!!!

Please consider updating the TurboTax help document  to include guidance to check for pending Windows updates.  That resolved the issue for me 2 years ago, and was helpful to another user this week.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@pc7

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback.  We will be sure to escalate this to the appropriate team. 

Same stupid issue 1/31_2022 & still NO viable solution!!! 🤬

Great statement, HOWEVER, NOTHING seems to solve the ERROR 70001 problem. None of the offered "solutions" work, including uninstalling & reinstalling the software!!!🤬

Calling just gets me disconnected, so  that's useless too!

25 years of paying for TurboTax doesn't mean you'll get any technical help!!!

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

Have you updated Windows as suggested by other users in this thread? You will also want to ensure TurboTax is up to date. You can find instructions to do so here. If you continue to have this issue, please click here to contact customer care.

djweigel

My solution to this issue (until Intuit gets it fixed!!!) is to restart the computer. Works everytime, for me.

amlucas

2/2/2022

I have tried all the suggestions. Updated TurboTax, shut down computer/firewall. Nothing has worked. I too am frustrated by fact can not talk to anyone. I installed the software 1 week ago. No issues. Today I go back to make updates and I can't get in. At this point it does appear to be a waste of $150. I've used TT for decade and never had so much frustration.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Here is a link to finding a TurboTax expert.

Here is a link to the TurboTax Phone Number.

Parroteye

If you have 2020 TurboTax installed remove it. Then remove 2021 restart computer and install 2021 again

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@amlucas

I just want to make sure that error 7001, which I just started receiving today, is not someone else hacked into my account. I think it would be criminal if my information was being downloaded somewhere.  Please get involved in correcting this problem. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Error 7001 is a spontaneous connectivity issue that typically resolves itself as long as your connection to TurboTax remains intact while the process you are working on completes.

Please click here to learn more about the error and how to resolve this. @cleibenguth

Yes, that is a good answer. Seems the first time I had the issue was with the last update. Could that have caused a glitch?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It could be the issue. I would suggest uninstalling the software and reinstalling. You can save a copy of your return before deleting, so it will be there to pick up where you left off after reinstalling. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. @cleibenguth

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies