Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

RobCartyEsq
Returning Member

Getting error 70001 "TurboTax is already running under another account. Switch users and run ..." ???? No one to call for help anymore!!!!

Uninstalling and reinstalling the software was fruitless for me and many others.  Intuit was utterly incapable of fixing the issue.  Oh well, H&R Block it is.

Getting error 70001 "TurboTax is already running under another account. Switch users and run ..." ???? No one to call for help anymore!!!!

I tried all of the suggestions and none of them worked. I don't have a firewall, am the only user and also am the administrator. went through all the shut down and restarts, still get the same error message. Now what?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@fkroegerut

Please Contact us for help with this issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just noting here that I hit the error doing the following sequence:

1. Quit TurboTax 2020
  2. Fired up Turbo Tax 2019 (needed to look at something on last year's return)
  3. That required an update (no option given to skip it)
  4. Did the update
  5. After the update TurboTax 2019 just abended off (not sure what happened)
  6. Subsequent efforts to relaunch hit the 70001 error, on both TurboTax 2019 and TurboTax 2020
  7. Reboot gets rid of the 70001 error, but both TurboTax 2019 and TurboTax 2020 will abend (and whichever abends after the reboot, subsequent launches hit 70001)

So it appears the culprit is a bad update.   I assume then the 70001 is due to TurboTax not shutting down properly, after the abend.  

Occasionally, I do get a prompt to send an error report off, but I cannot type into the fields, so not sure if that is going anywhere, it kind of disappears at some point.

I guess I will work my way through:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-code-70001-when-using-turbotax-...

next.   I guess I already did the first step, the reboot, a bunch of times.  That alone does not fix it.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to us directly by phone starting at the link here.  This will direct your inquiry to the correct department.  

I have the same problem, anyone knows what to do? There is no help from Turbo tax. 

@Angelica10 

Which "same problem"?   You have posted to an old thread that has many different issues on it.

error 70001

I am getting the error 7001 so I need a resolution. Thank you

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the below TurboTax FAQ for assistance with Error Code 70001. 

Error Code 70001 when using TurboTax Desktop

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for further assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

Thank you so much. I will try your solution

pc7
Level 2

What solved it for me back in Dec2019 was that I had a pending windows update.  Once I completed the windows update, I no longer got the TT error message.

sandji

I am getting this error, how do I close my desktop version of TurboTax?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@sandji

Please see the Help Article here for more assistance with Error Code 70001. 

The troubleshooting steps should help you resolve this issue.  If not, please respond here in the thread.  

sandji

Another user suggested that I might have a new Windows update. I did, so I installed that update and the TurboTax error cleared. TurboTax is running correctly now.

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies