Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

The -T or -S after any form simply indicates whom the form belongs to when you can or must have a dedictated form for the Taxpayer or Spouse ... this is just TT way to show the ownership.  It doesn't mean anything else and is not sent to the state/feds with that indicator on the return. 

As for the ability to efile the form ... I cannot believe that the Spouse's form will efile but the same form for the Taxpayer will not ... I am sure that is a typo.  But just hang in there and check back after 2/16 to see how this plays out.    https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

1.jpg

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

Date now is 3/2/23! It keeps moving later and later! 😡

They have lost my respect this is the third year in a row i have had to wait. This will be my last year using tt been using them 13yrs

it now says 03/09/2023.. what the heck is going on?

Because Intuit and Turbotax are a joke. It's a forever form with a minor change, and millions of people need to use it. Everyone jumped down my throat on another thread when I said it was ridiculous it wouldn't be ready until 2/15 and look what's happening now. Thankfully this is the last year of this nonsense. I'm going to seriously look at H&R Block's software for next year.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 8915-F is currently scheduled to be released for print and e-file on March 9, 2023. You can check the form's status utilizing the form look-up tool in the below TurboTax Help Article. If the form becomes available sooner than the currently published date, the tool will be updated to provide the new availability date.

When will my individual tax forms be available in TurboTax?

@Jedi4380 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MichelleLO Do we know why the date keeps moving? It's almost a month later than that availability tool originally said.

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

The dates provided on the form availability list are estimates. Our team of engineers must run the forms through testing, and if any errors return, the form must be reworked, which sometimes can cause delays.

I have already PAID for my return. You have my money and I have NO product. I can't file because of this. 

I want my money back so I can file with a tax company who actually can file my taxes!! 

I you read this thread you will see that the same thing happened last year. They said one date and kept pushing it out even though the form was available from the IRS.  I owed last year so it didn't affect me because I filed later. I WILL NOT be using TurboTax after this year and you shouldn't either!

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you would like to inquire about a refund, please feel free to contact Customer Support so they can assist you. You will want to use the keywords billing issues when you call so you get to the right person.

@EmmaAusten68 

Oh boy.  Disappointing to hear that TT is dragging its feet on this.  Time for a switch?

yup.. third year in a row.. funny how this form is always pushed into march and the discounts for filing end on march 1.. hmm.. yea, i plan to use a diff software for my taxes next year for what i pay i get crap.  also this form hasnt changed in three years, why the hell does it take so long for TT to get it into the system. not like  its the first year....

so how much more monty does Intuit make by delaying this form based on discounts offered? sounds a bit shady or incompetent or both.

Yes! I was finally able to file this morning even though I haven't received an update from TT regarding the form. I'm finally free from Turbotax!

dlas53

I'm not sure why but the Turbo Tax update for 8915-F was delivered today 3/9/2023.  this was even though it was probably the same as last year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies