JaneRevak

E-filed Fed return rejected

I filed my mothers Fed return last week and it was rejected.  Help said it was probably because the 2019 AGI was wrong but I have her paper return from last year and know that the AGI is correct.  She filed her 2019 (and previous) return via paper mail in and then died in June.  Could the rejection of the e-file be because she is deceased and I am filing on her behalf?  If I now mail in the return will there be a problem because I tried to e-file?

MayaD

E-filed Fed return rejected

Sorry for your loss.

There won't be any problem if you select to file by mail. 

If the return keeps getting rejected you can file a paper return by printing out copies of your federal and state returns and mailing them.

Here are a few other possible reasons why you’re still getting an e-file reject. If your mom:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A)
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more, and down when it’s 49 cents or less.

For more information please check What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

MayaD

E-filed Fed return rejected

Sorry for your loss.

Kris5

E-filed Fed return rejected

am having the same issue, my return continues to be rejected no matter what correction I do.  My messagehowever, is that I have input incorrect AGI or PIN ...BULL.  went to my IRS account and extracted a download of my 2019 tax return transcript.  I am not putting in the incorrect AGI as the message indicates.  This happened to me last year and I had to paper file.  You can only imagine how long it took to have my Paper Return Transcribed into the IRS systems during 2020 COVID 19.  I had applied for a mortgage in 2020 so not having my tax data available electronically was nothing short of a train wreck.  I am now thinking that this is a TURBOTAX issue and not an IRS issue as I Input the same AGI for 2019, as the IRS has in their database.  

Thanks and good luck tax payers!!!

E-filed Fed return rejected

Try entering 0 for the AGI to efile especially if you mailed 2019. The IRS was closed for several months last year and didn't process returns in time to get the AGI entered into the database.