turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gvanessa1

Create a new account

Need help setting up new account
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Create a new account

it keeps sending me back to my original account

Create a new account

Please use the steps below to create an account . Click on Select the TurboTax Online product to get started.

1. Go to TurboTax.com and Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use (Click the appropriate Start for Free edition.)
  2. You can reuse your email address to set up a new login
  • Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.

Tip: If you're preparing multiple returns for family members, it's more economical to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software, which lets you e-file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info

Create a new account

First it would not take my telephone No. Then It took a longtime to give me the six digit number. I now have the number and want to complete the installing of my new account.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Create a new account

The thread you posted to is a few years old. Therefore your question is not clear. Would you please clarify your question. If you want to use your existing email address and create a new TurboTax user ID please follow these steps:

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.
  2. Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
  3. On the Create your account screen, set up a new user ID for the second return.
    • You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
  4. After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.
  5. If you can't create a new account because your web browser automatically  logs you into your old account, you may need to clear your browser history, cache and cookies.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
txoy895U

Create a new account

i put in same number to sign in and now won't take.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Create a new account

Please click Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account to submit a request to recover your TurboTax account. 

maddiepm

Create a new account

Thank you

Create a new account

Yes

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Create a new account

@gaugecolton1   As @ElizabethP states above -

Please use the steps below to create an account . Click on Select the TurboTax Online product to get started.

1. Go to TurboTax.com and Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use (Click the appropriate Start for Free edition.)
  2. You can reuse your email address to set up a new login

Tip: If you're preparing multiple returns for family members, it's more economical to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software, which lets you e-file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info

Create a new account

My wife died in 2020. I cannot file Married filing jointly any longer. How do I sign out and create a new account and still retain all my previous tax information?

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Create a new account

You should not need to create another account. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

In the My Info section of your return, at the very beginning, the second block is Marital Status. That information will transfer in each year from the previous year, but if you click the blue Edit link on the right, it will show a screen with Let's confirm your marital status and allow you to update. Then you can retain all your information but the filing status will be correct for tax year 2021.

edshoe929

Create a new account

my wife died in 2020. I am advised to open a new account while preserving my previous  information

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Create a new account

You should not need to open another account because of your wife's death. Since your wife died in 2020 and you reported her death on your 2020 return, you would just file a return in 2021 in just your name only. You do not need to generate another account.

With this said, I also would like to offer my condolences for your loss.

@edshoe929

Nancy2655

Create a new account

Trying to create a new turbo tax id for my ex-wife.  we filed jointly last year but wil file single for 2022 for 2021 taxes.  having troouble creating a new account for her.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies