turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dnesh

cd

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

cd

What is your question concerning a CD?

This is not a chat room but a message board.  You have to enter a complete question or describe the problem you are having before anyone can help you.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

cd

You appear to have posted your question from TurboTax Online. If you would prefer to use the CD/Download TurboTax software, you can purchase a CD at the following link.

TurboTax CD/Download Software

cd

I paid for TT 2019 Home and Business to download.  

Meantime, I got a deficiency notice for 2017, so I have that year installed.

Can't download 2019 until I uninstall 2017, but i'm not finished amending the return.

So... i want a CD for 2019 to use when I'm done with 2017, and to have on hand in case this happens again.

When i tried to order the CD for 2019, they tried to bill me again for the TT app.

There is no apparent means in the universe to ask a direct question of Turbo Tax or Intuit.

cd

You don't have to uninstall 2017.  Why do you think you do?  And you can download 2019 again.  You don't need the CD.  What computer system do you have?

cd

@jchianese48 You most certainly can download and install the 2019 software while the 2017 software is still installed on the same computer.  For example I have TurboTax installed for tax years 2007 through 2019 on my personal computer running Windows 10 with no issues.

There is no need for you to get the CD as the CD only has the initial release and would have to be updated.  Whereas the download already has all the current updates.

TurboTax support is closed on the weekends.

Support is open from 5am to 9pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

cd

I ordered a Deluxe Cd weeks ago.  I got a message to download turbotax, thinking I would get a CD later.  Still waiting for a CD.   So I downloaded  the Deluxe version and was very disappointed in the new format.  Plus the downloaded version couIdnt do a simple 1099-B and I would have to upgrade.  My taxes are not complicated plus 1099-B forms are easily imported with Div and Int forms from fidelity.  I have been billed $75 for something I am very disappointed in.  If the upgraded CD version that handles 1099-b forms is as lousy as the downloaded version, this 20 year customer would rather get a refund and go elsewhere.        

cd

@skyhawk1001 wrote:

I ordered a Deluxe Cd weeks ago.  I got a message to download turbotax, thinking I would get a CD later.  Still waiting for a CD.   So I downloaded  the Deluxe version and was very disappointed in the new format.  Plus the downloaded version couIdnt do a simple 1099-B and I would have to upgrade.  My taxes are not complicated plus 1099-B forms are easily imported with Div and Int forms from fidelity.  I have been billed $75 for something I am very disappointed in.  If the upgraded CD version that handles 1099-b forms is as lousy as the downloaded version, this 20 year customer would rather get a refund and go elsewhere.        

The TurboTax Deluxe desktop CD/Download edition can most certainly be used for a Form 1099-B

To enter an investment sale other than from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Under Investment Income
  • On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

Or enter investment sales in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to investment sales

You may be prompted to upgrade to the Premier edition when starting to enter an investment sale.  This is only a Recommendation and is Not a requirement.

cd

And what new format?  It looks the same to me as last year.  Did you maybe get into the Online web browser version?   Did you get the program downloaded and installed ok?  Have  you updated it?  Go up to Online-Check for Updates.  Are you on a Windows or Mac?

Manage cookies