Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

adiscooke

Can I please get my 6 digit passcode sent via text to the phone number on file under my account

Waiting for my 6 digit passcode to finish my taxes 

Can I please get my 6 digit passcode sent via text to the phone number on file under my account

I just need my 6 digit passcode so I can finally finish filing my taxes

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@DouglasRMcNutt  TurboTax is unable to text you your 6-digit IP PIN but there is a TurboTax FAQ below that will help you obtain your PIN:

How do I get my 6-digit IP PIN?

gskern63

If you never receive a Verification code, how in the world are you supposed to LOG IN to check that your email address is correct???  SMH.  Who writes this stuff??

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having trouble receiving your verification code, please see the below Turbotax FAQ for troubleshooting steps:

What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

@gskern63

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tiffany35

Can you try [email address removed] again for 6 number code? Or could you text it to me please

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please do not post your personal information in the public forum. It has been removed for your protection. 

It can take up to 15 minutes for the code to be emailed to you, and check your junk email folders too. Please don’t try to get a new code too soon as it will invalidate the old code and you’ll end up waiting longer.

See this TurboTax FAQ for more information if you are having trouble with your verification code: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code

@Tiffany35

Having problems with email just want to finish up can I get it in message on phone I'm using 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

What kind of email issue are you having with filing your tax return?   @jonnyjones8

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

please send directions via text to cell #[phone number removed]

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

What type of code are you trying to get?

We cannot send you a code here as this is an online public forum.

If you are trying to access your filing verification code, please see the link below for more guidance.

Filing verification code

If you are trying to access your account, please see the link below for steps.

How to reset your user ID or password in TurboTax

@49REWPRW51

Why can't I get any of my verification codes to work? It keeps saying they are invalid or expired although I just received one.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

For assistance with issues pertaining to your verification code, please see the Help Article here.  

New number:[phone number removed]

@ Dee 4660 wrote:

New number:[phone number removed]

With no information provided about your issue, we don't know what you want and why, so we have to guess.   You didn't specify what you need a code for, so I'll assume you are in the process of efiling and need a 6-digit email verification code to complete the efile process.   If that's not it, and it's for something else, such as a log-in verification code, then you need to explain more so we have a clue.

This is a public Internet forum, and you should not post any personal info here.  People could try to spam/scam you.  Fortunately, it looks like the forum privacy filter protected you by removing your phone number.

You can update your phone number in the account settings of your Intuit Account, but be aware that the 6-digit verification code that some people need as they go through the filing screens before they can efile cannot be sent by text.  When efiling, the code that is asked for on a screen is an email verification code that verifies your email address prior to efiling.   Be sure to check your email's junk/spam folder in case it ended up there, or other email accounts you may have.

If that's your situation, and you're referring to the email verification code that is sent during efiling, you can also change the email address that the code is sent to by going into your Intuit Account settings.   You open the settings by going to the left column menu and way down at the bottom of the menu column click on "Intuit Account."   That's how you can also update your phone number.

See this FAQ on some tips, which also includes info on how you can change the email address in your Account Settings, if you wish to use another email address.

FAQ: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

If that's not helpful, please phone Customer Support for assistance.   Or if you are not referring to the code needed during efiling, but instead referring to a two-step log-in verification code to get into your account, report back for a different answer that will tell you how to recover account access.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

NOTE:  If you are using Free Edition, phone support is not included unless you upgrade to PLUS for a 29.99 fee.  But you can contact a TurboTax Support agent for free directly via messaging at Twitter or Facebook.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies