Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

nolanneal

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

"At this time" lol... there will NEVER be a time. 

They just take take take -  and they let us do all the work for them! 

After trying to change over to Quickbooks online,  instead of "self-employed", after all my tedious hours of organizing transactions... I found out that I can't just simply migrate all my data over internally. 

Nope.  Support suggested this complicated export process, which is so frustrating it'll bring tears to your eyes!    Both apps are made by the SAME developers.  Just do a LITTLE bit of work INTUIT. Please. 

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

This needs to be fixed for users that had Mint before Intuit ownership.  I should be able to link my Mint information with my Intuit information and consolidate the login process.  Ridiculous it still hasn't been addressed

boarder, I am with you.  Intuit has been sending me multiple emails to log in and begin my taxes, but I'm seriously considering moving on to another company.  I have multiple years of taxes in my original account that are not linked to my tax account last year after the merger of Intuit and Mint.  Not a peep out of them either with any help to resolve this complete mess. 

In addition to this TurboTax FAQ, it would be almost impossible to comply with Federal Privacy laws and the regulations for e-file providers if account merging was allowed.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/can-i-merge-my-accounts/01/27136

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

That may make sense for merging TurboTaxAccount1 and TurboTaxAccount2.  I want to merge my only Turbotax account with my only Mint account (which has nothing to do with taxes, and I would say makes this point irrelevant).  When both sites take me to Intuit signin I should be able to change my Mint account to use the same login as my Turbo tax account

TurboTax is regulated by the government since it is a tax software company, Mint is not.  Different privacy rules.    TurboTax has addressed this in the past  and it is just not going to happen.  This has been asked more then 10 years and the answer is no merger.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

This makes no sense whatsoever and sounds like lawyers are providing the answer. It is also not customer focused at all.  I would guess Intuit bought Mint at least in part because they were disrupting parts of the financial industry and Intuit was falling behind in that area.  Every successful disrupting company is INTENSELY CUSTOMER FOCUSED.  This answer is not customer centric at all.  If I cannot effectively use these two accounts together, there is really no reason to stay with Intuit.  This is about merging MINT and INTUIT accounts.  The companies were merged; so should be the accounts. 

Another data point that proves Intuit is not customer centric.  I have been commenting on the need to merge accounts for the better part of 2020, and I have NEVER been contacted by anyone at Intuit.  No apology. No explanation. Nothing.  During that same time, they had no problem reaching out to me with dozens of automated marketing messages "congratulating" me with attaining a new level on this forum, as if stroking my ego was somehow what I needed instead of an answer to a REAL problem they caused.

Recently, I have been receiving urgent messages to "login to my Intuit account" for my 2020 taxes.  They clearly value my annual payment, but do they actually value me as a customer?  I don't think so.

So come on, Intuit.  Reach out with someone who can give me a real answer, not an ill-prepared CSR with a canned answer hiding behind corporately approved language.  You might actually gain a customer for life. BTW, this is the main measure of most disrupting companies:  Lifetime Customer Value.

And yes, this can actually be done.  I work for a $30+B company with over 500M transactions per year.  We contact every single customer who takes the time to complain about one of our products or our services.

@Gary Hudman 

Contact TurboTax support and speak with an agent concerning this issue.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

Or -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Or -

On every TurboTax web page, including this one, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us

It seems weird that it's being stated that it's the nature of each company that prevents merging from being possible (as in @macuser_22's recent reply [and then in their post before that they point to a FAQ while staying it's a federal privacy concern while the FAQ they're referring to says nothing about it being a federal limitation.])

I say this because someone can create a new account now to have it work as a single sign-on across each. So it's not a hard limit that they can never work together.

If it's a matter of a previous policy being agreed to upon the past accounts being created not allowing for them to work together, why can't there be a new policy shown for the user to then agree to in order to proceed with the merge which then alleviates any issues between the services having different policies that were agreed to in the past (again, with a single sign-on otherwise existing showing it should be doable)?

If it's a matter of making sure the merge process is secure & privacy-centric, why can't there be a verification process that sufficiently confirms access & the identity of both accounts before being able to merge the accounts?

I'm just missing out on what exactly is the real reason this isn't being done (with the reasons being presented so far not really making all that much sense or otherwise not having a way to address the issue to then be able to still offer the merge capability [outside of them just not taking the time to do it being the fallback reason.])

@KZeni wrote:

I'm just missing out on what exactly is the real reason this isn't being done (with the reasons being presented so far not really making all that much sense or otherwise not having a way to address the issue to then be able to still offer the merge capability [outside of them just not taking the time to do it being the fallback reason.])

For one thing Mint and TurboTax are separate companies although both are currently owned by Intuit.   I say "currently" because Quicken *was* also owned by Intuit, but it was sold to new owners a couple years ago.   Can you imagine the problems if the TurboTax and Quicken accounts has been merged into one?    There has been rumor for years that Intuit might spin Mint off. 

For various business reasons it is usually good policy to completely to keep the companies completely seperte without sharing (there might also be corporate tax reasons for total separation.)

For Tax files, verifying ID is not a simple thing.   TurboTax is not allowed to even look at the contents of tax files without your express permission given in writing (anyone on a phone or internet can claim to be you).    You would also need to mail proof of your ID.    Heck, when the IRS  needs proof of ID they often require you to personally visit an IRS office and bring photo ID and a birth certificate or passport - they don't mess around when it comes to tax information.

Bottom line is they are not going to merge accounts for whatever reason.

Some of the reasons given would mean they wouldn't have implemented SSO in the first place, but they still did it. Adding merging functionality would be a similar situation to SSO existing in some regard.

If TurboTax is the more sensitive account that's halting this, then couldn't it could be a 1-way merge where you must use your TurboTax account as the primary account to then migrate the Mint account into it (while it's then not possible to do it in the other direction)?

I am not going to argue with you since I don't have a dog in  the fight.   Personally I don't care one way or the other - just stating the policy.     If you want to complain about it then you can do so this way.  Complaining here in a user forum is a waste of your time- we are only other users like you.

You can contact Intuit by mail at Consumer Tax Group, Intuit Inc., 2800 E Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706 or by calling 888-777-3066 if you have a question or concern about any product or service we sell over the Internet.

djsteen

Ah, it's tax season again and we still can't merge accounts. There are lots of great ideas in this thread. Honestly, I'd pay them yearly (on top of anything paid for TurboTax) if some form of merging was possible. I've come close to paying for Quicken Online but held back because all my data wouldn't be there.

Some options I'd accept:

• Merge Mint and TurboTax accounts (i.e., any two Intuit accounts).
  • Sync data between Intuit accounts (this could work similarly to how third-party companies are allowed to access certain (not all) data from my Google, Twitter, et al. accounts).
  • An Intuit representative manages my multiple accounts for me for free. 😝
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

No, you wont be able to merge these accounts. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/can-i-merge-my-accounts/00/27136

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies