Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

They should.  I've shopped around for other options.  Lack of customer support and all that.  As soon as one of the platforms fixes one of their integrations I think I'm out.

Can I merge two intuit accounts, e.g a Mint account and TurboTax account? Both are associated with the same email address, but have separate usernames/passwords.

Both my accounts have the same email, but I have two different usernames.  one for mint from before you bought them and one from TurboTax also from before the merger.   No way to merge the accounts.  Both tied to same email.  Same name on the accounts and been that way for years.  You know its the same person for both accounts.  There is more than enough info in the two accounts to verify that.  You really just want no loyalty whatsoever from me or care.  It's pretty sad.  Someone will eventually catch up to you on other fronts and then the mass exodus will proceed off your product.

Dreamgear,

If you do not care about all of your data in your old Mint account, then you can start a new Mint account with the same login as your TurboTax account and they will work together.  That is my situation, but in the opposite direction.  I created a new TurboTax account with the same login as my Mint account and it does work.  However, I lost a decade of tax records in the process which were with my legacy TurboTax account.  The punch line in this "joke" for me is that they actually emailed me with the message One Account, Everything Intuit, indicating I could keep my tax records.  That was simply a blatant lie.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

No, there is currently no way of merging the two accounts as our goal is to protect your privacy and security of both accounts. 

You would need to have the same user ID and passwords for both accounts.

Please see the attached link for more information.

Can I merge my Intuit accounts?

How do Mint and TurboTax work together?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Okay, so it has been made very clear that (especially for those of us that set up a Mint account before they were bought by Intuit) that Intuit cannot merge the accounts on the backend for our convenience. This totally sucks. But in the interest of not having the hassle of dealing with my very-confused password manager EVERY SINGLE F'ING TIME I LOG IN TO EITHER SERVICE I think that I will probably download all my past tax returns from turbotax and delete that account, then link my mint account with turbotax. Why? Because I think that entering in my family's info, addresses, and employer IDs for next year's taxes is going to be WAY EASIER than adding 15 different bank / mortgage/ loan/ car/ etc accounts. 

But really, I think what we have all been looking for from Intuit regarding this problem is to just say, "Wow, you know what? You are right. You have been our customers for a really long time and to be honest we are really sorry that we can't merge the accounts and we really wish we could and you have every right to be mad and disappointed, especially since we cannot give you an exact technical or legal reason as to why we can't do it. " 

That would be really nice, you know? Just an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that this is actually a real problem for a lot of people and that it sucks that you can't or won't fix it. 

Thanks. 

I agree with the others, a slap in the face to those Mint customers. Now with this cool Tax portal tab and emails asking me to login to TurboTax is basically another slap in the face!

A G
Level 1

Any updates here? Incredibly frustrating to not be able to merge a Mint and Turbotax account 😠

Why not add a tool to export all account data, then import all to a new account? Is it really that difficult?

I just wanted to give my two cents into how logically asinine this account management situation is. I have a Mint account and used it to try TurboTax Online for the first time tax season 2021. No issues, just logged right in and it adopted any relevant account info. Had my taxes filed in no time. Great experience. A+.

It's now tax season 2022 and I foolishly bought TurboTax from a retail store thinking I'd have that same great experience. It became abundantly clear that as soon as I tried to log in from the installturbotax.com website that something was fundamentally wrong. I could not use my login, which I have used for TurboTax Online before, to download TurboTax....??? At this moment, I regretted breaking the seal for the packaging. It's too late to return this software, so I'm forced to continue full-steam ahead. I created a new account with the SAME EMAIL, downloaded the software, and installed it. I launched the software, punched in the license code and I'm introduced to the welcome screen. There's an option to "Continue from TurboTax Online". Oh good, at least this software can automatically import my 2021 filing from TurboTax Online, right? I click it and I'm taken to an Intuit login screen.

Just take a wild guess what happens here. I'm sure you already know. WITHIN THE TURBOTAX SOFTWARE, I CAN'T LOG IN WITH THE ACCOUNT I USED FOR TURBOTAX ONLINE. Yes, the Mint one! I even changed the emails for both my old and new accounts so that there's no confusion between them, but it still won't allow me to log in.

Holy-moly Intuit, how do you drop the ball this hard?! Whatever excuse you're giving us for not allowing us to merge our accounts, just can it. You know very well what the hurdles are and what it takes to overcome them, yet based on all of this feedback I'm reading from other customers who also presumably give you their money for products which are expected to work, it's clear that this is a challenge you haven't wanted to bother with for years.

I'm now debating if I want to eat the loss and just use TurboTax Online again, because quite frankly, compared to TurboTax Online experience, this TurboTax software is fugly. If I wanted to use this, I would have just stuck with H&R Block.

Consider changing that slogan at the login screen: "One Mess. Everything Intuit."

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can log in to the same account, as long as you logged in exactly the same. If you need assistance in logging in, you can contact us directly and we can help with this. 

If you have two accounts, they cannot be merged, however, one can be deleted to ensure you only have one.  If you normally used a username and clicked on create an account instead of sign in, and used an email address, it would have created a second account. @TwoAccountsOneMess 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@CarissaM I'm entirely not sure what you mean by that, but I feel that what you said isn't quite correct. If you navigate to installturbotax.com, as directed on the TurboTax software packaging, and click the "Sign In" option under "Already have an Intuit Account?", you're then directed to this login page. If I try to log in with my Mint/TurbotTax Online account, it will not work. If I click on "I forgot my user ID or password", and enter my user ID or email, it says it doesn't even exist. Whereas if I try to log into Mint or TurboTax online, I can log in just fine with my Mint/TurboTax Online account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies