Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I use tax preparation on my chromebook?

how do I use Turbo Tax on line with my chromebook 15 OS?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can use TurboTax online because you will be using the Chrome browser, which is supported. You will not be able to install the software on a ChromeBook.  

View solution in original post

22 Replies

You can use TurboTax online because you will be using the Chrome browser, which is supported. You will not be able to install the software on a ChromeBook.  

owl66

As of 1/3/18 Turbo Tax does not work on a Chromebook

I just want to make sure. If I buy a chromebook that has Windows operating system will I be able to do my taxes with the windows software I already bought?

What are the downsides of using Chromebook with TurboTax. Will the program auto fill and carryover losses, etc.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can use a Chromebook to prepare your taxes using the online version of TurboTax.  However, you will not be able to download TurboTax to your Chromebook.  There should be no downsides as your  Chromebook uses the chrome browser. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Greetings,

Is there an app I can get to download a prior year, which is a Windows download.  I have a HP Chromebook Model 14 - with AMD processor.

Thanks,

Kathy

@jazziekat115 No.   To prepare a prior year return you have to use desktop software which can only be used on a full PC or Mac.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I can't even find the button that says DOWNLOAD product.  1) I read that I can use TT on Chromebook, but I can't download it. 2) My chromebook has no cd driver. So, 3) If I can't download it and I can't use the CD I have, HOW  DO I USE TT?

@usemeidnow wrote:

I can't even find the button that says DOWNLOAD product.  1) I read that I can use TT on Chromebook, but I can't download it. 2) My chromebook has no cd driver. So, 3) If I can't download it and I can't use the CD I have, HOW  DO I USE TT?

The TurboTax software is only available for installation on personal computer with either a Windows or Mac Operating System.

reg428

how to use turbotax on my chromebook

@reg428 You cannot use the CD/download on a chromebook, but you can use online TurboTax.

ONLINE 2021

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

And just so you know—online prices go up in March—Pay your fee before then to lock in the discount

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Can I use TurboTax software for tax prep using my chromebox?

@Tewilhelm1945 wrote:

Can I use TurboTax software for tax prep using my chromebox?

Sorry, no.  The TurboTax software can only be installed on personal computer using either Windows or Apple operating system. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies