Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax won't accept my credit card to pay for Turbotax Self-Employed.My bank says card is fine and all addresses and info are accurate.Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbotax won't accept my credit card to pay for Turbotax Self-Employed.My bank says card is fine and all addresses and info are accurate.Please help!

Please see below for troubleshooting this particular issue:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4194663

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Grigsbba

The system will not accept my credit card.  I entered several credit cards.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Were you able to check this link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-your-payment-information-cannot... 

Staub3950

I’ve tried suggestions and still getting the same message

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

If you can't get your credit card to be accepted, you could try purchasing a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard at the grocery or drug store. 

Translation of David's (and appears to be Intuit's as a whole) Response: "If your CC does not work, tough crap because we are not going to even attempt to fix it.  Go BUY a New CC and MAYBE it will work".

Yup, I'm having this same problem right now and even got their customer support on the line - she couldn't fix it and couldn't order the product I wanted from her end.  Great.

If I am unable to purchase directly from Intuit next year, I will find other software.  I am done with their games.  If you are just looking to purchase the Software, check out Amazon.  It was actually cheaper purchasing through there anyway.  But, that will not help when trying to File your State Taxes (if applicable) Electronically.  Of course you could always Print and Mail those, but kinda defeats the purpose.  I ended up and was able to get mine to go through by using my Company's Credit Card which has a Different Billing Address and it went through.  Of course now I gotta reimburse the Company I work for, but not that big of deal.  Still refuse to use/support a Company (Intuit) that could give a crap less about its users and "apparently" has absolutely no interest in tracking down and fixing the issue with their CC System.

J4U
Level 1

Still happening the day before the deadline.  I'm about done with Turbo Tax after 18 years of using them.  Rediculous

@ J4U wrote:

Still happening the day before the deadline.  I'm about done with Turbo Tax after 18 years of using them.  Rediculous

Also see this FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-your-payment-information-cannot...

I see from your other thread,  you have tried multiple browsers and other credit cards.  Unless you get another suggestion in this user forum, here's how to reach Customer Support:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

J4U
Level 1

3 cards haven't worked or 3 different browsers at minimal security settings.

Been on hold for 52 minutes 45 seconds and counting.  Hopefully they answer and can take my payment and give me a confirmation code as it states in the software.

Not holding my breath

Good luck.  Definitely do not hold your breath.  Have not tried it, because I ended up using my Company Credit Card and got it to go through, but based on what I have seen if "may" work if you change your Address on your Intuit Account so that it "does not match" your Billing Address and I believe it will more than likely go through.  NONE of the CC's I had that utilized my Intuit Address as its Billing Address worked (including cards from different banks mostly Visa but also a Master Card).  As soon as I tried my Company Card (which uses the Company Address rather than  my home address) it went right through with no problems.  I have no clue how they got/have thing screwed up but it seems if the "Shipping" (even though nothing gets shipped) and  "Billing" Addresses Match it does not work.  And FYI, this has been going on for YEARS so don't expect them to fix anything anytime soon.

J4U
Level 1

Tried that didn't work.  Was going on 2 hours 15 minutes on hold attempting to pay them directly and get a confirmation #.

Thought about what you said and asked for her credit card.  You guessed it...went right through and finished the state filing.

Unfreaking believable, so much for account security and just being able to pay with any card you might find laying around anywhere!

Thanks for your input.  Will for sure think twice next year about using Turbo Tax.  18 years of being a blind user if theirs may be over.

MellyB34

I tried everything.  This is what worked.  I used my sister's credit card that had a different address on it and the payment went through.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies