Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In the summaries list how do I delete charities from the ItsDeductible site where I did not donate any money to?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PhyllisG

In the summaries list how do I delete charities from the ItsDeductible site where I did not donate any money to?

When you sign into Its Deductible 2018 Deductions, look down near the bottom of the screen for a button that says Manage Charities.  Once you click on that, you can edit or delete any charity you have set up.  

View solution in original post

10 Replies
PhyllisG

When you sign into Its Deductible 2018 Deductions, look down near the bottom of the screen for a button that says Manage Charities.  Once you click on that, you can edit or delete any charity you have set up.  

A suggestion for your program format. It's deductible shoild list ALL charity organizations in one drop down list that can be edited by the user as to delete, add or no change. Then we can highlight the charity we want to include with a list of donated items and dollar values. At the end you could print a report, a summary for each catagory without listing all the non used charities in the drop down list. This would reduce clutter, avoid confusion and take less paper to print each years reports for tax purposes. As an example in the catagories of Miles and Money this year I counted 74 listed charities with a zero dollar amount and 15 thast I actually reported and used for this year.
PhyllisG

Thank you for your feedback.  I will forward your suggestion to the appropriate office.
jtarrio

Why not just ommit charities with zero amounts from the reports.  Would be much easier.
khaslund

because some years I give to a charity, then not for a year or so, then again.  The system as it is either wastes paper or requires me to re-enter annually the variable charities. 

I agree that it is a pain to delete charities, only to re-enter them when I donate again. Your program should not print anything with a zero amt. Also, is there any organizational structure to the summary? It would be nice if it were alphabetical by charity

I just spent time "permanently deleting" 20 old charities, and they are still showing up.  I even logged out and logged in, thinking maybe the list would refresh.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can delete view and delete forms by following the instructions below.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The thread/issue is It’s Deductsble. The deletion of inactive charities doesn’t seem to be working.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please log completely out of TurboTax and try clearing your browser's cache.  A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for instructions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

If you are still having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support by following the instructions below.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies