Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1. How can I un-link my Turbotax account with my Robinhood account? I want to undo the affiliate link. 2. Can Robinhood access, see, edit or download our Turbotax data?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

1. How can I un-link my Turbotax account with my Robinhood account? I want to undo the affiliate link. 2. Can Robinhood access, see, edit or download our Turbotax data?

Robinhood should not be able to see any TurboTax information. The only thing that this would be used for is to download investment information into TurboTax. For an option to unlink, you would need to use the FAQ link provided below to reach out to Robinhood for assistance:

Robinhood support

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Tiffany! I had reached out to Robinhood Support. They said I should reach out to Turbotax. I think that someone from Turbotax needs to get rid of Robinhood affiliate from my account and detach it.

"This offer is available to Robinhood customers filing 2020 tax returns through the TurboTax Affiliate Program and cannot be combined with any other discount or offer. The offer is subject to all TurboTax offer terms and conditions and is subject to change without notice."

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance with please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

Te18
Level 1

Were you ever able to unlink the accounts? I am currently having this issue and Robinhood and TurboTax refer me to the other.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you provide details of what you are seeing on your end regarding this experience? Please respond to this thread for further assistance. 

I can't even click on another affiliate link to bump Robinhood out.  There is no K-form to delete.  I just need it gone. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below, for assistance removing your Robinhood account:

How do I update or delete something I imported into TurboTax?

@skicrib25

I didn’t import anything. It’s just the “Presented by Robhinhood” affiliate I need removed. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

I would try clearing your browser's temporary internet files, including cachecookies and browser history. Then be sure to log back in directly on turbotax.com.

If this does not work, you may want to reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care team by clicking the link below:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@skicrib25

Please figure this out. It’s been two weeks and all I want to do is finish. 

C0E54458-707B-49ED-A042-68969678CE1C.jpeg

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Where in Turbo Tax does it show the account is linked @skicrib25 ? It should not be linked within Turbo Tax at all. 

C92D8294-A3D8-44D0-A406-14D6C105DD0D.png

I have used TurboTax since 2007 or 2008. It’s never been a problem, but this year I clicked on the Robinhood affiliate link in an email and now I cannot get to the screen to pay with a credit card. The circle spins and spins. I cleared and started over but Robinhood remains. I tried to use a credit karma link and a link from my bank, but I cannot boot Robinhood. I didn’t even sync or upload anything from Robinhood. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to contact us by phone so we can look into this. Please follow the instructions here to contact us. 

I was on the phone for thirty minutes a week and a half ago. She couldn't help.  I was on the phone again yesterday.  She couldn't help and then we got disconnected but she didn't call back.  I went ahead and filed with another company.  I'm disappointed TurboTax couldn't help and only offered to have me pay the $39 processing fee to have the cost deducted from my return OR pay for the $70 software in hopes it would fix the problem. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies