turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Art-II

I can not enter prescription costs - the box has a frozen zero dollars

When entering medical expenses, the section for prescription costs is frozen at zero dollars.   It does note that last year I enter an amount, but I am unable to do so.  I can not put in 2018 costs.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

There has been a glitch with TurboTax with some of the Schedule A entries. You can switch to forms mode and enter the expenses on the Medical Worksheet until they get it fixed. Do you have the latest update?

Here's the explanation of what's going on in any problem area with a "$0" in it  (Desktop software only):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7080616

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

This has been a comment for a month and is still not fixed. In addition to a problem for "prescriptions", Doctor/Dentists in "Medical Professionals" screen requires you to go to the forms to enter information.  Further on in that section, the screen in step-by-step gets stuck with Medical travel, not allowing progression to the next screen unless you add a mileage amount, even if I want zero.

I have the latest update and it is STILL frozen on allow entry of Prescriptions into the Interview input box.  TURBOTAX: Please FIX THIS.

@mvk_atl

You can still make your entries, as I have noted above
........or switch to FORMS MODE and make your entries there.

I do not believe there is any possibility that this will be fixed in the next few months....
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Yes, switch to the Forms mode that allows you to enter information.  Also in my personal situation, I brought information in from last year.  In numerical fields where if you right click, you can add supporting details, the numbers are wiped out when you transfer from last year, but the description of what that number was is not.  In the miles driven to medical appointments field, I was not able to proceed-- TurboTax said I needed to put in a number. When I eliminated all the descriptions in the supporting details from a past year that had not been cleared, it then would accept a zero answer.  It let me proceed when I did this.  Perhaps this will help with your issues.  I did have to do this via the forms, not the step-by-step, as that is the only way I could get to the data.  Good luck.

When you get the "Supporting Details" box to show up in Forms Mode....you hit the big red "X Remove" icon at the top of it's box and delete it all together.

Then you can make entries directly on the form, or back in the normal interview field without all the fooling around.
fschea

When will this be fixed?

Using Turbotax Premiere  on MAC.... cant get out of Deluxe for Windows!  

Input locked on prescriptions, and others. Tried inputing on Worksheet as suggested. Locked there also. Any ideas?

Thanks

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Try a control>alt>delete> on your computer and select Turbo Tax and then press end task at the bottom of the page. See if that will get you out of the program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies