turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was going over my return and notice that I only get 1000 per child for tax credit when the child tax credit has double this year. Why is that ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was going over my return and notice that I only get 1000 per child for tax credit when the child tax credit has double this year. Why is that ?

The doubling of the child tax credit doesn't take effect until you file 2018 taxes. for 2017, the taxes are the same. Next year the credit takes effect. The other check it to be sure you have answered all the questions about your child. I had one child that wasn't giving me full credit until I went through if she was disabled or had special services. Once everything was check, the full credit came up.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The doubling of the child tax credit doesn't take effect until you file 2018 taxes. for 2017, the taxes are the same. Next year the credit takes effect. The other check it to be sure you have answered all the questions about your child. I had one child that wasn't giving me full credit until I went through if she was disabled or had special services. Once everything was check, the full credit came up.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies