Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Charitable deductions - COLORADO

Colorado allows for subtractions to your income for charitable contributions over $500. TurboTax (desktop software) appears to be entering this information on Form 104AD - Subtractions from Income Schedule. It is bringing over line 11A from the Federal Schedule A form, but then also entering that same amount on line 11B (charitable deductions not entered on Schedule A). This has the effect of doubling your charitable contributions and appears to be a software bug. I searched for this in the discussions, but I don't see anything. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm using the desktop 2022 Turbo Tax Home &  Business version, supposedly with the latest upgrades. We also file the Colorado return with charitable deductions included for Colorado only. I'm not seeing this behavior. In the Colorado 1040AD smart worksheet for line 11, I'm seeing the A line filled in with the Schedule A charitable deduction total, and B line is blank.

In the step-by-step view, if you visit the item under Colorado personal income for "Additional Charitable Contributions", the box there should normally be blank. I would check that item.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I'm using the desktop 2022 Turbo Tax Home &  Business version, supposedly with the latest upgrades. We also file the Colorado return with charitable deductions included for Colorado only. I'm not seeing this behavior. In the Colorado 1040AD smart worksheet for line 11, I'm seeing the A line filled in with the Schedule A charitable deduction total, and B line is blank.

In the step-by-step view, if you visit the item under Colorado personal income for "Additional Charitable Contributions", the box there should normally be blank. I would check that item.

Thanks. I went back through Colorado and zeroed out that box.

It might have something to do with the order in which we did the taxes - went through both federal and state, then went beck to enter charity afterward. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies