turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Still getting Error - Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

That is a great idea. I'm going to start looking through my LinkedIn as well.

Same issue for me. Missing Schedule A and the interest worksheet. I'm seeing the same error message as others have posted here. Can't manually attach it. Not sure if there's an error in the workflow itself (not triggering the right form to be added) or if the form itself is just missing. Either way, can't progress without this step.

I got on customer support and had the lady take over my screen and we walked through the flows. We also tried reinputting all the information to see if it would retrigger the right form to be added. In the end, I sent my details to her for further investigation. It appears to be a flaw in the TT program itself and needs to be hotfixed.

If you're not getting an answer, I recommend blasting Twitter and other socials with this issue. At lease we can prevent others who are planning to start doing their taxes this weekend to avoid the same problem. Refinancing is pretty common since interest rates were at all time lows in 2021. A lot of people will face this issue.

To Intuit: You should ask your Product Managers and Tech Leads to actually read the forums from time to time.

joeslosh
Returning Member

I refinanced and have the scenario where I have three 1098's. I tried the solution of combining the two refinanced related 1098's into one, so there are now two reported 1098's instead of three. It didn't work.  I got the same system fault. 

Hi @refinancefiler , 

Thanks for sharing. I also did that screen sharing session with their agent. 

I am tagging a few people on Twitter and messaging others on LinkedIn. 

I think that might be the only way to get some attention.

Caveat: I'm in tech, so I know it takes cycles to fix, test, QA, check all use cases and then release. But at the same time, it seems like TT knows about this issue clearly, as they have marked the form will be available after February 17th. In project management terms, that is a never ending time, since it doesn't bracket the close date. Someone here said that the support people told them that it will be before February 28th. Here is a suggestion to TT, if they actually read this: You can at the very least update the error message to say what date will the Form be available 🙂.

I paid interest on my home to a mortgage company and a seller-financed loan.  I did not receive a 1098 for the seller-financed loan (haven't in 8 years).  I didn't even get an error message (I guess it comes when you file and I haven't gotten to that part yet)  It puts on the total amount of the interest paid on each line on the form, however it states "You're getting a deduction of $amount for the mortgage interest you paid." and it is the amount of interest for only one mortgage.

As suggested I called TT and was told to just wait to hear when the form will be ready. Ugh!  Case #[phone number removed]

I gave up, went to TaxAct, AND had a call with expert to check BEFORE i paid and filed.  A few things not as easy but reentering and done, call and filed in less time than i spent on this stupid form. Two houses, primary home refi so 2 1098 for that address (first mortgage before 2017 so bonus calculation for interest limits.. phone advisor helped) and second vacation... 27k in interest... and ended up 25k deductible with accurate help.

This is frustrating. I sold 2 homes last year and bought 3.  Can't get past this error to file.

I tweeted  to @teamturbotax and got this reply.

Hey there. We have seen basic troubleshooting steps work for some customers.

please try clearing your cache and cookies, if the problem persists please reach out via DM 

for further assistance. Thank you for choosing TurboTax! -Lindsay

Did clearing the cache and cookies work?

No and. now all the saved logins are gone and site suggestions are gone. I can’t see how this could have resolved. The missing form but had to try so I can go back to them on Twitter.

fco
Level 2

Me too! I was told by an agent two weeks ago that this item was supposed be cleared by February 17th.  I am still getting the same error: "Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: This form has not been finalized for returns with two or more mortgages and limited mortgage interest. We expect this form to be available after February 17th."

This was similar to an issue I had last year.  And maybe even the year before.  This is getting really frustrating.  It is hard to have faith in @turbotax at this point.  

Can any employees help?  @intuitturbotax @turbotax

It seems TT is making it very hard to get refunds for this debacle.

I'm going to wait a few more days for this to resolve. Then, I'm going to initiate a chargeback and switch to another service or go to a CPA. I overpay for TT for the convenience. This is the opposite of convenience. After 8 years of using TT, I'm switching next year.

I have this issue too and opened a case with TT. They said it would be available yesterday and closed my ticket. They lied

Can't seem to add a Twitter link to a post here.

I pinned a tweet to support to my profile with a screenshot of the error:

https://twitter.com/jseparovic

retweet it if you can. get some more attention.

Just got this email from TurboTax. 

This is so sad. Had they "actually" looked into the issue, they would not have sent this email.

Email from TurboTax.jpg

Oh and if anyone is wondering, this is the issue again

TurboTax-Error-Deductible-WKS.jpg

Hi @Becky B ,

Please tweet / post this thread to TurboTax, so they can start looking into it.

If you know someone from Intuit on LinkedIn, also send them this post

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies