Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Still getting Error - Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

Hi @Tofutrice ,

On the desktop software, there is no Cache to clear. 

Hi @fco ,

Please also tweet / linkedin this thread in your network so it gets attention.

Hi @refinancefiler ,

Yes I'm also giving them a few days, then I'm getting away from it.

In the meanwhile, please do tweet / linkedin this in your network.

Hey Max

I have re-posted this thread on my LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook accounts. I already noticed that someone from Intuit checked out my LinkedIn profile. So it is getting traction.

Everyone else please do the same.

@Max_Tax_Guy 

That is a sad message that probably someone not so adept wanting to just close the ticketing queue sent to everyone.

I'm copying both your screenshots, and sharing all over my social media

Thank you 🙂

Appreciate everyone's input and efforts to get TT to resolve.  I planned to file my returns today and running into the same issue.  I am using the desktop version and also noticed when I switch to forms view that all the Schedule A Home Mortgage Interest Worksheets for each 1098 were completed incorrectly after going through the interview.  No matter what I put in to the interview, the worksheet would not come out correct (I should have the $1M limit, but kept putting balances under the $750k column).  I refinanced an older loan and HELOC originated prior to the 2017 date into a new loan in 2021.  Perhaps I did something wrong in the interview, but I would encourage everyone to double check your Sched A worksheets for each 1098.  I just entered my info directly in the Forms view to get it correct.  Resulted in a $2k higher refund for me...at least it will once I can file!

I just got off with support, figured I would lob another complaint in.  Support person said she sees a "pending" update for this specific issue, but there is no completion date listed.  She tried to get in touch with tech, but no luck and said to check back on Tuesday.

I've already Tweeted to TurboTax and they told me to send them a DM. Still no reply. 

It's just frustrating that they won't really acknowledge the issue or provide expectations on a fix if that's even going to happen. Their community experts seem to be instructed to ignore us because there's like a dozen of new threads now and not a single peep from TT. 

@dekem  were you able to actually e-file after you manually updated the schedule A form?   If so how were you able to edit it?   

when I’m in the form it only highlights my name red and won’t let me change any numbers.  

thanks!

@Max_Tax_Guy I called and opened a ticket, and the rep on the phone said there was a solution, and that she would send it to me in email. The phone call ended, I got the email, and it was actually this thread in the email! Not a solution at all, but just your new thread. Have to shake my head and laugh at that one. I called back and spoke with a more competent rep, and she said she could see the issue and that is was being worked on, but there is no solution yet. She said there were so many issues currently that everything is being escalated. Keeping fingers crossed for this to get to the top of the list, but not holding my breath.

I have TurboTax premiere live and got a tax expert to take a look at the error message and my schedule A worksheet. He contacted his tech support on this issue and says there is already an investigation into this matter, and they are adding my name to list. It's a programming issue and when it is resolved they will email me.

Hopefully soon. 

@dmckernon that is a little funny, that their support is referring back to an open thread !!!

I am evaluating other software solutions for this issue at the moment myself, but at the same time I am waiting for Intuit to fix this. All of this is explained on IRS publication 936. All TurboTax has to do is apply that logic on to their software OR if they can't apply that, allow us to manually fill it in.

@Tofutrice that is really good information. Please do share if you get a resolution email. 

I did an analysis between Turbo Tax Premier that I'm using with HRB and TaxAct. Both HRB and TaxAct calculate this perfectly without any issues, and I get the proper refund correct lines in Schedule A.

SHAME on TurboTax for not getting their act together. You should refund everyone their money and stop pretending. You charge for this software it is not free. Can anyone say Class Action?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies