Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2021 Form 1116 Schedule B (carryovers) can't efile

@mgb1973 

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit is available

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for AMT is available

Form 1116 Schedule B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule will be available in TurboTax for printing on 03/10/2022 and for e-filing on 03/11/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

It is 10 March 2022 and i am still getting the message TurboTax 2021 can NOT efile due to the Form 1116 fir carryover is not available.  Any update since the last reported this form would be available 03 March 2022.  My software is current yet I have not had a update since 03 March.  Kindly revert.

In USA it is still 3/9/2022, 9.40PM CT. If you are somewhere else, it may be 3/10/2022. Wait till tomorrow 3/10/2022 for update for paper file and 3/11/2022 for e-file, as per TT published information.

@ Taxlax wrote:

In USA it is still 3/9/2022, 9.40PM CT. If you are somewhere else, it may be 3/10/2022. Wait till tomorrow 3/10/2022 for update for paper file and 3/11/2022 for e-file, as per TT published information.

And @ Billzona 

If a form becomes available today 3/10/2022, there's no way to know with certainty "what time" on 3/10/2022 it will happen.    It doesn't necessarily happen right after midnight Pacific Time; it can be later in the morning.   It's less common, but it's even possible that a form may be delayed further on the day it was to be released.  The biggest clue to availability will be a change in the following table where the expected date will be replaced by the word "available."  

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

When the form is available, be sure to update your desktop software (if applicable) to get the latest release with the form.    Online TurboTax updates automatically when the update is released.

Yes, I am send this from Thailand 13 hours ahead of USA Central Time.

Thank you for the IRS forms link.  I see your reference 11Mar efile.  On two occasions TT 2021 for Mac noted 2/28 and 03/03 the form would be available.  Since then no Turbo Tax 2021 software updates.  I happy to wait.  1116  is all I am waiting for before efile.  Thanks all

It is long past March 3 and I am still getting the message 

It makes more sense that both updates (ability to file by paper and e-file) would come out on the same day.  I didn't understand before if we were going to have successive updates one day apart.

when someone successfully efiles tomorrow when supposedly it is supposed to be supported, please post on here so everyone knows

vethelo

Here it is March 10 and I still get the message that I can't even file by mail due to the 1116 Schedule B not being available! I owe and am incurring interest penalties daily. When can I expect that this will be resolved so I can file by mail. As a retired CPA I can't understand the difficulty!

@vethelo wrote:

Here it is March 10 and I still get the message that I can't even file by mail due to the 1116 Schedule B not being available! I owe and am incurring interest penalties daily. When can I expect that this will be resolved so I can file by mail. As a retired CPA I can't understand the difficulty!

Form 1116 Schedule B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule will be available in TurboTax for printing and for e-filing on 03/11/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Tomorrow!

@vethelo two notes:

1. You can always pay your taxes before you file. Just make a payment through one of the many options the IRS makes available, without going through TurboTax.

2. Normally you don't pay interest due to an underpayment on your taxes as long as you pay them by April 15. You do pay a late penalty, but that penalty is fixed and does not depend on whether you pay on Jan 1 or Apr 15.

It is now March 10, and no Form 1116 Schedule B.  If I wanted to paper file, I would have paid an accountant to do my taxes.  Which I will be doing in future.  I have been using this software for more than 12 years but TurboTax has just lost my business.  This is ludicrous.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies