Where do I enter Income of/from Estates or Trusts ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickhatala

Where do I enter Income of/from Estates or Trusts (line 6 of PA Schedule RK-1) on my PA State Return?

6 Replies
LinaJ2020
Employee Tax Expert

Where do I enter Income of/from Estates or Trusts (line 6 of PA Schedule RK-1) on my PA State Return?

You would first need to enter the information under the federal section.  The information will then transfer to the state section.  

Here are the steps 

• Sign in to your tax return, select Pick up where you left off
  • To the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "k1" and Enter
  • Select Jump to k1
  • Follow prompts
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
chasgabriel
Returning Member

I have a PA Schedule RK-1 for Beneficiary.  Where does that get entered in TurboTax for PA?  My understanding is that a Schedule J needs to be completed?

chasgabriel
Returning Member

Information from the K-1 on the Federal is not flowing to the PA TurboTax.  And, in any case, the numbers are different on the RK-1 than they are on the K-1.  Please advise.

barbmcd328

Did you get an answer to this? I am having the same problem.

chasgabriel
Returning Member

Hello barbmcd328.  I am using the CD/Download version of TurboTax Premier.  That income gets entered on Schedule J.  Not sure where I eventually found the info, but to find the Schedule J  for PA in TurboTax:

1.Open your tax file, go to the State.

2.Go to Open Forms (possibly in upper left corner) - (this takes you out of the regular step-by-step process)

3.Either search for Schedule J and find it and click on it - OR - in that same area,

Open up the PA Individual (click on the + sign), then scroll to find the Schedule J and click on it to open;

There may be other ways to get to the PA Schedule J, but this is the  only way that I eventually found it.

-one way to get the actual manual form is to just go to the Pa.gov forms website and manually download it.

ErnieS0
Employee Tax Expert

@barbmcd328 If you have a PA Schedule RK-1 you should also have a federal Form 1041 Schedule K-1? Enter that information first and it will flow into Pennsylvania. Otherwise your federal will be incorrect.

• Type k-1 in search in the upper right
  • Select Jump to k-1
  • Say YES to Do you want to review Schedules K-1 or Q?
  • Select Estates or trusts (Form 1041)

In the Pennsylvania section you will see Schedule K-1 income.

• Continue until you reach Income from Estates and Trusts.
  • Say YES to Do you want to work on your income from estates and trusts?
  • EDIT your estate or trust in the Estates and Trusts Summary
  • On Estate - PA Income, check the box I received a PA Schedule RK-1/NRK-1 for this estate or trust
  • Make any adjustments
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings