You would first need to enter the information under the federal section. The information will then transfer to the state section.
Here are the steps
- Sign in to your tax return, select Pick up where you left off
- To the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "k1" and Enter
- Select Jump to k1
- Follow prompts
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Information from the K-1 on the Federal is not flowing to the PA TurboTax. And, in any case, the numbers are different on the RK-1 than they are on the K-1. Please advise.
Hello barbmcd328. I am using the CD/Download version of TurboTax Premier. That income gets entered on Schedule J. Not sure where I eventually found the info, but to find the Schedule J for PA in TurboTax:
1.Open your tax file, go to the State.
2.Go to Open Forms (possibly in upper left corner) - (this takes you out of the regular step-by-step process)
3.Either search for Schedule J and find it and click on it - OR - in that same area,
Open up the PA Individual (click on the + sign), then scroll to find the Schedule J and click on it to open;
There may be other ways to get to the PA Schedule J, but this is the only way that I eventually found it.
-one way to get the actual manual form is to just go to the Pa.gov forms website and manually download it.
@barbmcd328 If you have a PA Schedule RK-1 you should also have a federal Form 1041 Schedule K-1? Enter that information first and it will flow into Pennsylvania. Otherwise your federal will be incorrect.
- Type k-1 in search in the upper right
- Select Jump to k-1
- Say YES to Do you want to review Schedules K-1 or Q?
- Select Estates or trusts (Form 1041)
In the Pennsylvania section you will see Schedule K-1 income.
- Continue until you reach Income from Estates and Trusts.
- Say YES to Do you want to work on your income from estates and trusts?
- EDIT your estate or trust in the Estates and Trusts Summary
- On Estate - PA Income, check the box I received a PA Schedule RK-1/NRK-1 for this estate or trust
- Make any adjustments