Where do I enter Income of/from Estates or Trusts ...

nickhatala

Where do I enter Income of/from Estates or Trusts (line 6 of PA Schedule RK-1) on my PA State Return?

LinaJ2020

You would first need to enter the information under the federal section.  The information will then transfer to the state section.  

Here are the steps 

• Sign in to your tax return, select Pick up where you left off
  • To the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "k1" and Enter
  • Select Jump to k1
  • Follow prompts
chasgabriel

I have a PA Schedule RK-1 for Beneficiary.  Where does that get entered in TurboTax for PA?  My understanding is that a Schedule J needs to be completed?

chasgabriel

Information from the K-1 on the Federal is not flowing to the PA TurboTax.  And, in any case, the numbers are different on the RK-1 than they are on the K-1.  Please advise.

barbmcd328

Did you get an answer to this? I am having the same problem.

chasgabriel

Hello barbmcd328.  I am using the CD/Download version of TurboTax Premier.  That income gets entered on Schedule J.  Not sure where I eventually found the info, but to find the Schedule J  for PA in TurboTax:

1.Open your tax file, go to the State.

2.Go to Open Forms (possibly in upper left corner) - (this takes you out of the regular step-by-step process)

3.Either search for Schedule J and find it and click on it - OR - in that same area,

Open up the PA Individual (click on the + sign), then scroll to find the Schedule J and click on it to open;

There may be other ways to get to the PA Schedule J, but this is the  only way that I eventually found it.

-one way to get the actual manual form is to just go to the Pa.gov forms website and manually download it.

ErnieS0

@barbmcd328 If you have a PA Schedule RK-1 you should also have a federal Form 1041 Schedule K-1? Enter that information first and it will flow into Pennsylvania. Otherwise your federal will be incorrect.

• Type k-1 in search in the upper right
  • Select Jump to k-1
  • Say YES to Do you want to review Schedules K-1 or Q?
  • Select Estates or trusts (Form 1041)

In the Pennsylvania section you will see Schedule K-1 income.

• Continue until you reach Income from Estates and Trusts.
  • Say YES to Do you want to work on your income from estates and trusts?
  • EDIT your estate or trust in the Estates and Trusts Summary
  • On Estate - PA Income, check the box I received a PA Schedule RK-1/NRK-1 for this estate or trust
  • Make any adjustments