Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to pay for state filing fee

I'm trying to pay TurboTax to file my state return (MN), but the continue button does not do anything when I click it. I'm using TurboTax Deluxe 2020 on my Windows 10 machine. I click the "Charge my credit card" button, click Ok when asked to save my return, and the next screen says,

Let's Complete your Purchase Online

Select Continue and we'll connect to our secure online store to finish up your order.

I can see the continue button, but nothing happens when I click it. There are two hyperlinks on the screen, and nothing happens when I click them either

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

This was caused because I had my screen resolution set too high for Turbo tax. Once I lowered the resolution, the button was available to be clicked

View solution in original post

28 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please make sure your version of TurboTax Deluxe for windows is up to date:

How do I update my TurboTax CD/Download software program?

If you continue to have an issue please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gebrown71

I have exact same problem trying to file state here in Mississippi.  Using Win 10 ??

I have the same issue in Virginia with the Home/Business CD edition! What gives? I have been using Turbo Tax for over 25 years and this is the first major problem!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Is the button to pay completely missing or does nothing happen when you select continue to add your payment information? 

Please log completely out of TurboTax, then try clearing out your browser's cache and delete the cookies stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. 

If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@georgewpeterson

This was caused because I had my screen resolution set too high for Turbo tax. Once I lowered the resolution, the button was available to be clicked

I had the same problem (Wisconsin). Struggled with it for days!! Sooo frustrated!! After reading some of these comments, I did a search for "screen resolution", changed it to 100%, and restarted the computer. Worked like a charm! Note: Control, plus or minus is NOT the same. You actually need to go into your screen resolution settings and change it to 100%. 

I have the buttons, but I am not able to file once on the Intuit website.  I have tried multiple times with multiple credit cards.  Any suggestions?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

What is the error message you are receiving? Have you tried another browser?

@iindairwin

Turbo Tax seems to have a problem with newer versions of Windows 10. Try changing the display scaling from the default 125% to 100%. To do this go to Settings in the Start Menu and click on the Display settings. Scroll down to "Scale and Layout" and change the size of text, apps, and other items from 125% to 100%. This should fix the problem. When you are done you can change the scaling back to 125%. I had to use the same fix on the "Activation" screen for my version of Turbo Tax. Hopefully Intuit will fix the problem soon.

pquarrier

Have completed all steps down to the point where I choose to pay the $25.00 state filing fee.

Instead of proceeding to ask for credit card information, it wants to save the return again.

After saving, it returns a page with some internal system information $i18n{header}

but no chance to pay and be done.   

Check E-file status is:   You Haven't E-Filed a Tax Return Yet  

So, what needs to be done?

I have the desktop version and I had this problem for 3 weeks before someone told me what to do.  Change the resolution of your pc to a lower setting.  Close TurboTax.  Go to 'settings', 'display' and then scroll down to change the resolution.  Open TurboTax.  

I don't think TurboTax did a lot of QA this year.

Husker68
Returning Member

I am trying to file my state taxes and unable to pay the state filing fee

I have the desktop version and I had this problem for 3 weeks before someone told me what to do. The payment screen link was dead, none of the button worked.  TurboTax support had no idea what to do.  Here's what worked for me: Change the resolution of your pc to a lower setting. Close TurboTax. Go to 'settings', 'display' and then scroll down to change the resolution. Open TurboTax. My default resolution on my new Dell was 3000x2200,(approximately).  When I lowered the screen resolution to 1800x1200 (approximately) it worked like a charm.  Good luck!  

I have the desktop version and I had this problem for 3 weeks before someone told me what to do. Change the resolution of your pc to a lower setting. Close TurboTax. Go to 'settings', 'display' and then scroll down to change/lower the resolution. Open TurboTax.  Keep playing with the resolution until it works.  Good Luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies