Turbo Tax Deluxe State Efile Charging $25

Hello,

I subscribe to TurboTax Advantage and downloaded TurboTax 2018 when it became available.  I have completed my taxes, but when I tried to efile my state return, the one and only state return I have completed with TurboTax 2018, it wants me to pay $25 to efile my state return.  I thought this was supposed to be free???

Sorry... my point was NOT that TurboTax Advantage provided an e-file benefit.  My concern is more about I paid $70 for TurboTax  Deluxe and don't get a free state e-file.  Now I see TurboTax Deluxe comes with a free state download... state e-file is an additional cost... ugh!

There is no e-file benefit with Advantage

correct - and it's been that way for over 20 years! 

Frankly, I save myself the $20 and just print and mail the state return - there is no requirement to e-file 

I agree I was lead to believe I had a free state tax filing and just got charged 25.00. is there a way to get a refund on this charge?

I did order the Turbo Tax Deluxe to get the free filing for state.

You get one free state PROGRAM download to prepare unlimited state returns. Then each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 to efile, usually goes up to 24.99 March 1. Or you can print and mail state for free.  

Box or invoice says  Federal+Efile+State.  It doesn't say state efile.  It also says on the back of my CD case in the comparison chart....

1 state product via download (print free  or efile for $19.99 each) prices subject to change without notice.

Thank you, I understand that, my problem is that the software is not calculating, could be software problem??

I bought my Turbo Tax at Staples.  It included 1 state.  I am finishing my first tax return and am being asked to pay $29.00.  How can I get credit for my "free" state return?

Employee Tax & Finance Expert

The free state return refers to the free download of the separate state program. (TurboTax state software is a separate program from the federal, although they work together.)

It is free to download one state's software, and to print and mail the return (or any number of state returns for that one state), but to electronically file the return is the $29.