Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is this Schedule UE, that I have that keeps popping up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

1) Open your tax return.

2) Go to the left side of the screen and click on Tax Tools, then Tools

3)  From the pop-up Tools Center  menu, select  Delete a form

4) Scroll to find the Schedule UE and Delete it.

5) Scroll to the bottom of the list and hit the button to Continue My Return

That should do it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

34 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Schedule UE is a Pennsylvania form for Unreimbursed Employee Expenses.  Although this deduction is no longer allowed on the Federal return, if you have qualifying Employee expenses that are not reimbursed by your employer, you may claim these as a deduction in Pennsylvania.  Revisit the 2106 section of the Federal return to enter the expenses:

1. Enter 2106 in the Search box in the upper-right hand corner with the magnifying glass.
  2. Click the Jump to 2106 link.
mford4
Returning Member

I have tried to delete both the Schedule UE for Pennsylvania and even the Federal form 2106 but I still cannot delete them so that I can e-file.  I am so frustrated I could spit!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

if you are unable to delete Schedule UE or form 2106 from your list of forms and if you entered employee related expenses. Try this.

1) Federal taxes >deductions and credits>choose what you work on>employment expenses>job related expenses

2) Select delete next to occupation and delete and this will delete form 2106 from the federal forms.

3) Go to your state return and delete the state.

4) Now go back to state and add your state. The federal information you entered will repopulate into the state return.

5) Now you can go to your list of forms in your state return and form UE should not appear in your list of forms.

After performing the navigational steps outlined above, verify if both the 2106 and the UE forms are removed from your return by going to:

1) Tax tools in your left navigational pane

2) Go to tools

3) Delete a form

4) check your federal forms and see if form 2106 is still there.

5) Check your state return to see if form UE is still listed your list of forms.

I have tried to perform instruction from above, but I'm not able to.  Step #2 instructs me to delete next to occupation (?).There is no "deleted" option to the right of the "update" option on the right side of the line.  

I checked the Federal and State Forms to see if the form 2106 was still available, but its not listed.  So I'm a bit confused on what to do.  I'm unable to release my tax returns (electronic) do to this anomaly.

Assistance is appreciated.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Go to state and delete your PA tax return. Add it back again and see if the UE is still listed as a form in your state return. 

ebj693

Please include instructions on how to delete completed state form

ebj693

Apparently I am not able to delete my state form and start over because I already paid the fee for it. I was able to delete federal form 2016 or at least I think I did. I am still being asked to fill out the employer information on the pa UE form. There must be some way  to solve this problem. Both my wife and I are retired and have no employer information. Please help!

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Go back to the Federal section and look for the Job Related Expenses- if you have any entries there delete them first then go back to the Pennsylvania section.

@ebj693

smlove

I cant get Schedule UE off my tax form.  My husband and I are both retired

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

1) Open your tax return.

2) Go to the left side of the screen and click on Tax Tools, then Tools

3)  From the pop-up Tools Center  menu, select  Delete a form

4) Scroll to find the Schedule UE and Delete it.

5) Scroll to the bottom of the list and hit the button to Continue My Return

That should do it.

I'm having same issue as others. Note that I have TurboTax software from CD on a MAC. Fully updated also. - E-filed federal tax, no errors, no problems. - Paid to e-file PA state tax and THEN get to error check which takes you to the issue of "Schedule UE" that shouldn't be there since I have no Job Expenses. So went back to Federal section. "Deductions and Credits", in the "Job-Related Expenses" section, I can see '0' entered for this year, which is correct. Now I click on the "Update" button to investigate further and I see an occupation titled "Untitled". Not sure how that happened. So I deleted it. Then click "Done", then "Done with Deductions". Then continue on through until getting to the page where Federal "Smart Check" found no errors. Thinking I've solved the problem and finishing my coffee, I continue on. Go through PA state again and it gets to a page titled "Unreimbursed Job Expenses" indicating it has one or more copies of Schedule UE from Allowable Job Expenses that transferred from the federal return. Back to where I was in the beginning. Tried removing the PA Schedule UE form and go through above and get the same issue. Unless somebody has a workaround (including some software engineer that might work at Intuit that might be monitoring this forum), I'm going to mail my PA tax return and assume that my $25 PA e-file payment is a lesson for me Note: Looks like there's no way to delete the PA form once you've paid for it as suggested by somebody else. If somebody knows how, then please give detailed instructions. Also, I've used this software for several years now and have never had issues like this until this year. Thanks
Deiderann
Returning Member

I'm  having the same problem when completing taxes for my 94 year old, retired (and very tired) mother.  I deleted out of her turbo tax return the Federal Form 2106 and PA Schedule UE.  It still would not allow the state return to be filed.  In frustration, I just completed the employer/address/town name as "No Employer - Not Applicable"; put in the state as "PA" with a zip code of "00000".  The federal and state return was then able to be submitted.  I don't know how Pennsylvania will react to getting this Schedule UE, but I guess I will find out.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

That should work just fine.  I'm sure they will be able to process seeing that there is no employer.  

It’s getting to the point where it’s quicker to fill out the tax forms by hand. You can easily spend hours trying to figure out how to get TurboTax to perform correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies