Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rejection filing state taxes - error not showing

I tried to e-file my state (MN) and federal taxes. Federal worked but state was rejected with a no response and no description for the error code. I tried multiple times and got the same response. After calling support they told me that the actual error code is not coming from the taxing authority but probably their software server that sends the info to the state tax computers. The code is D2_R20_Sec457_NQDist_ALL according to the logs that only they can see. From what I can tell that error is referring to a non-qualified pension payment that I received a w2 for. So far they have no answer as to how to fix the issue - is anybody else encountering this problem? I realize it is a fairly non-standard tax situation but very frustrating nonetheless.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

36 Replies

I am having the same issue.  I am not getting any error codes.  I have a non-qualified pension plan, so  thanks for posting. At least this is helpful to help me understand what the issue may be. Yes, very much annoying.  I've been having lots of issues with turbotax this year.

I talked with someone at Turbotax and they gave me the same error code. They indicated that the estimated fix date is March 2nd. Hopefully it'll be fixed by then.

My MN tax return was filed and rejected 3 times with the messages and codes blank.  I have a distribution from a non-qualified deferred compensation plan which I assume is causing the same issue as the non-qualified pension payments mentioned in other posts.

Seems that it really takes TurboTax until March 2 to fix the issue, we should be credited back for the charge to e-file our state returns.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.

@clars 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The Help article was of no help.

I am using Turbotax Desktop Deluxe Win Download 2022

Tell me what number to call.

Go back to the help article link and read after you click on the option to indicate that you have the download/CD version of the program.  The info you need is right there.  It's best to follow the links further and not call the first number you see - unless you just want to be bounced around for hours. The help article is plenty helpful but you do need to click on the link for the product you have first to get the additional information. 

I am confused. Once I click on desktop, I get the following message. Once I click on contact us, it gives the message below that, which is basically call the general intuit support number. Am I missing something here?

1. Go to our Contact us page
  2. Select your product and edition, ask your question, then select Continue
  3. Enter your contact info, then select Get the phone number

This is the most efficient way for you to connect with the right person. If you still need help, you can contact us at [phone number removed].

Get expert assistance by calling us at 1-800-4-INTUIT ([phone number removed]). In addition, the TurboTax support page provides other resource links and help tools.

I've got the same error / problem. I'm in CA and stuck waiting to resubmit my state e-file my state tax return with an over 3K refund.

I'd really like my $20 state e-file fee to be refunded due to lost interest on this refund being delayed. I plan to request this refund after the return can actually be filed.

---------------

Edit: Just checked now and there was a TurboTax update (CA and Federal). No idea if the problem has been fixed (early before the March 2nd date mentioned), but I resubmitted the state e-file and will see if it goes through.

I agree with KyleP1. The instructions for getting specific help don't work (in spite of what Joann44 claims).  Would be nice if a knowledgeable TurboTax rep would join this string and offer us specific explanations as to what the issue is and how/when it will be resolved.  Also to confirm that each of us will get our state filing fee refunded once the issue if fixed and our state filings have been accepted.

It looks like todays update fixed this error. I had been checking for updates every day, and today there was an update. Then resubmitted my state tax return an hour ago, and just got the email that it was accepted.

Wow. I tried to efile again thinking that this is fixed, but they introduced a new error. It seems like if you created a schedule c with a 1099-misc, it causes a new error: "A Link to Schedule C should not be linked when the MWP qualifying as difficulty of care payment exclusion box has been checked". My 1099-MISC does not have the Medicaid Waiver Payment checked. So so frustrating.

Bummer that you got a second error. As a software engineer, it's doubtful that this was a "new" error introduced by this update. It's probably the case of once it finds one error preventing an e-file, it stops right there rather than continuing to check for any additional error that would also cause an e-file rejection. But that certainly doesn't minimize any frustration or difficulty for you.

It's actually the third error I faced. First error had to do with 8960, which caused a rejection to the federal tax.

It's confirmed that it was tt that introduced this error in the latest patch.  It's even impacting the professional version. I'm hopeful it gets fixed soon, but wow, tt is usually reliable, but  this tax season it has been absolutely atrocious.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to ensure the software is up to date. 

If once up to date the same issue is happening, please click here to contact us by phone.  @KyleP1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies