turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GravesJT

Purchasing additional state tax

I have been trying to purchase another 2019 state tax form for the last 3 weeks. I already have my residence state tax forms for Ohio, but need to also file for Kansas income taxes. I purchased our 2019 Federal Turbo Tax software through our Intuit account, as I have for the last 10 years or so, but when I attempted to do this a few weeks ago, i received a message that there was some issue with my user name and/or password. As instructed on the message, I submitted my email address to reset my password. I received the reset link by email and, when I follow those instructions to put in a new password, I have repeatedly gotten a message that says "hum - that didn't work, try again or wait a while to try again." I have "tried again" multiple times and gotten the exact same message to try again later. I have also called the 1-800-4-INTUIT number more than once and received a link to FAQ pages that didn't even come close to remotely answer my question about purchasing an additional state tax form. I've gone through this whole process nearly 10 times now and need to download the Kansas Turbo Tax forms in order to file by 15 Jul. Please help me with getting my Intuit account fixed so I can purchase the state software. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Maybe you tried this already, but if not: 

1. Open your tax return.

2. Click on "Online" at the top of the TT window.

3. Select "Download State".

4. A window will open titled "Let's Complete Your Purchase Online".  In that window you will see "Having trouble with your purchase or internet connection?  We can help you here." 

5. Click on "We can help you here."

A window will open with instructions on how to complete your purchase by phone. 

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
GravesJT

Thank you, but that hasn't worked in over 6 attempts! I have tried the phone number and only got a voicemail that sent me to this same useless page. I've just purchased the state tax I need on a guest account and now that is giving me the same Humm. that didn't seem to work try again message. Is there a telephone number to talk to a real person, since I am VERY displeased with how I, as a long term Turbo Tax user am being run around!?

@GravesJT wrote:

Thank you, but that hasn't worked in over 6 attempts! I have tried the phone number and only got a voicemail that sent me to this same useless page. I've just purchased the state tax I need on a guest account and now that is giving me the same Humm. that didn't seem to work try again message. Is there a telephone number to talk to a real person, since I am VERY displeased with how I, as a long term Turbo Tax user am being run around!?

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Or -

On any TurboTax web page, including this one, click on Contact us at the bottom of the page

TomD8
Level 15

Have you tried the Intuit Account Recovery tool?

https://accounts.intuit.com/account-recovery.html

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies