turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there any other option to change the Return Status from Printed to E-file because I can't find the "add a state" on my TurboTax Online?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is there any other option to change the Return Status from Printed to E-file because I can't find the "add a state" on my TurboTax Online?

@jackson142644 

There is no "Add a State" on yours, because you are looking at your 2018 taxes....and the e-file for that was turned off in Oct-Nov of 2019......so all you can do is print out your forms and mail them in since e-filing can only be done for 2019 taxes now. 

IF you were at the same point in your 2019 Online tax file right now, then the "Add a state" would show up ...but only for that 2019 file.

The example shown by the first response (from @DoninGA  ), is from last year when it was active.....and is only an example of where to find it when looking at the current tax year's forms....(We don't  have perfectly exact pictures for every situation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Add a State 2018.JPG

Hi, thanks for your reply but I didn't manage to get the "add a state" still (as shown on below).

Capture.PNG

@jackson142644 

There is no "Add a State" on yours, because you are looking at your 2018 taxes....and the e-file for that was turned off in Oct-Nov of 2019......so all you can do is print out your forms and mail them in since e-filing can only be done for 2019 taxes now. 

IF you were at the same point in your 2019 Online tax file right now, then the "Add a state" would show up ...but only for that 2019 file.

The example shown by the first response (from @DoninGA  ), is from last year when it was active.....and is only an example of where to find it when looking at the current tax year's forms....(We don't  have perfectly exact pictures for every situation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

May I know where should I mail all the forms and documents to? Any specific location or address?

Thank you. 

OF course,

,,,Federal forms go to the IRS based on where you live.....according to the tables here:

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

.........… the State forms go to your state tax department , so you'll have to find your state's tax website and dig thru their information to see where they want them sent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies