turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Indiana state return won't transmit

By the way, no error messages received.  Click the Transmit button, shows processing; but, instead of completing and going to a different screen, it just stops processing and you remain at the original screen with the transmit button.

jhansonin
Returning Member

No

jhansonin
Returning Member

I have foreign tax credits in my federal return.  However, the problem is that my Indiana state tax return will not transmit

We are having the same issue. Here is a clue. For my daughter with a very simple return (W-2 and 1099-INT) - no issues - submitted correctly. Mine is complicated with 2 businesses (K-1s), income, investing, etc. That one will not submit.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We would like to look into this further, and we cannot view your return here in this public forum. 

Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone, so we can view your account. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same problem.  Federal Return submitted and accepted.  Indiana return will not transmit.  No error codes, desktop software up-to-date.  Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue.  Is there a process to escalate the issue so it gets fixed?

I'm having the same issue. Federal return transmitted ok if only it was sent, but state fails. The Orange transmit button clicks and does the circle thing for one or two seconds, then dies. No error codes show up. This failure stinks as the $25 is already paid. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

So we can take a closer look, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@Name135

The plot continues to thicken. I had a great CPA on the phone from tech support. Nothing wrong with the return. We even deleted/regenerated/re-entered. Even deleted the form at the end on transmission. Nothing worked. Having trouble with my son's return. His is simple - the only commonality is that we have crypto sales to report and according to the CPA, they were done correctly.  Has to be a glitch that will hopefully be fixed with a patch. Tell any Indiana filers with the same issue to keep reporting it. Need it fixed.

The return I’m trying to transmit does not have anything weird in it. The federal return has a large adjustment in it due to the pass through it for a decent size chunk of ppp forgiveness which passes through on the federal k form for an s corp. The only thing that I can think of that might be a potential issue is there are w-2s from 2 states if that might create problems, however in past years that was never an issues. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you having trouble transmitting your return? You may need to delete your cookies to continue. Please see the information in this TurboTax FAQ here for assistance. You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details.

I am using TurboTax Desktop NOT TurboTax Online.  There is no browser to select.  Why should I delete cookies?  I need them for dozens of financial institutions and do not want to reestablish them.  How do specifically eliminate TurboTax cookies?

I have exact same issue.  Federal return has been e-filed and accepted but still won't transmit the Indiana return.  No error, no message. Just does not file return.  $25 filing fee paid.  IF e-filing for Indiana is not supported Filing fees should be refunded.

Talked to a support person a short time ago who told me that TT was adding extra numbers to the DCN when it was transmitting which is causing the problem .  She said there was a case submitted to fix the problem.  Said it would be fixed but couldn't say when.  Said to keep trying to submit.

Well at least we are getting closer to a solution

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies